Good Morning Monday

LittleDudesMom

Good Monday Morning!

Esther has it right, it's No Meltdown Monday around here! Esther, lovely to hear from you on the morning thread! Have a wonderful day!

Rabbit, Mondays are usually the same every week around here too - find a reason to smile!

Back to the real world after a glorious three days at the shore! easy child and I had remarkable weather, great seafood, lazy days and enjoyed each other's company. difficult child did fabulously on his own with a visit from bonehead on Friday and a few hours checking out the job site and lunch on Saturday. The dog was well taken care off, the trash was taken out and, are you ready for this......there was only one dish in the sink!

Anyway, today is 100% devoted to the house!

Hope your Monday is good one.

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone!

Rabbit, I hope that you have a great day as well. Sometimes no news is good news :)

It's good to hear from you Esther, and I agree - no meltdowns...

Sharon, it sounds like you had a wonderful break, and it's good to hear that difficult child did so well.

We have had a busy few weeks here. husband's sister and her husband visited first and stayed around a week . She designs and constructs jewelry; and she had a booth at a big festival here. She's new to the festival scene, and her time here was her most profitable yet - so we all had a great time. After she left, husband's brother visited us on the way back from his high school reunion. We all had a fun time visiting over a leisurely dim sum at a nearby restaurant.

easy child called this weekend. He's in Maine, around 200 miles from the finish of the Appalachian Trail. It's hard to believe that he's made it almost 2,000 miles. He's already realizing that the end of his hike is near, and I know he is trying to decide about his next steps. We all hope he makes it to the end before October 15th, when the mountain park at the end of the trail usually closes down due to bad weather.

difficult child seems to be doing well in his first semester of his sophomore year. He is challenged by his Calculus class - but oddly he seems to enjoy it. husband is taking off to Chicago for business for most of this week, so difficult child and I will be holding down the home fort. Busy times...

I hope that everyone has a peaceful day, with some moments for yourselves...

Valerie

Last edited:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Monday Morning friends. It was a relaxing weekend.
Rabbitt, I like the idea that no news is good news. Have a great day.
Great grandmother Esther, so nice to see you! I was thinking of you recently. Hope all is well on the home front and healthwise.
LDM, I'm impressed with only one dish. Sounds like you trained difficult child well. Can he come by and teach my boys how to clean up behind themselves.
Valerie, sounds like a fun and busy time with family. I'm so impressed that your son has hiked the Appalachian Trail alone. Way To Go! I suppose just about anything will be
easy after this. Talk about persistence.

difficult child seems to be doing ok on his own. He and my sis have been hanging out which helps. husband will be in Dallas on Wed for his new job so he will be spending some time with difficult child.
easy child seems to be happily adjusting to his new job (within the company)and his junior year in college.
The house is strangely quiet and much cleaner without all the "guy" traffic and debris. I'm sure by Friday I will be ready for husband to come home and mess the place up.
Busy Monday as usual with laundry and such but nothing overwhelming. Have a good day all.

Marguerite

G'day, people. Busy busy here...

I had a clash today. easy child 2/difficult child 2 was booked in to see the gynaecology clinic to discuss a colposcopy. Turned out they did it today, or at least did the biopsies. She's had some abnormal pap smears and wanted her mummy with her for the scary stuff. I promised; then found out that an award presentation I was supposed to speak at, clashed. But there was a chance we could fit in both. So I tried. The other judges said they would hold the fort, which they did. The clinic told me we would only be ten minutes. An hour later, we left. easy child 2/difficult child 2 was feeling a bit frail, but came in to the awards presentation with me. It was just finishing, but they were very kind when I arrived and I was introduced to some of the winners. My report will be circulated to the competitors.

mother in law came too. She was a bit disappointed that we missed the award, she wanted to be there while I gave the speech. But she's seen me do it before. I was given (with the other judges) a lovely basket of flowers.

After that I dropped easy child 2/difficult child 2 home then took mother in law shopping for fruit & vegetables. mother in law really did not do much physically - at the hospital, she stayed in the car. But she was still very tired when we got home. She is getting much more frail, I'm worried about her. Worried about easy child 2/difficult child 2 as well. I gathered from hearing the doctors talking quietly together today that easy child 2/difficult child 2 is going to have more procedures; they quietly expect the pathology to mean she will need to get the growths cut out. They are tiny (a few mm across) and localised, which is good news. We go back in three weeks for the pathology results.

Tomorrow difficult child 3 & I have to go in to school. There is a movie day, a sort of social awareness day happening which I felt would be good for him to attend. It's the last week of term this week so we can relax a little. He has another study day at school on Thursday.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg