Headed to court this morning...

ksm

since she has had 3 or 4 random drug tests positive for meth (not so random as I told two agencies they should test her) her court services officer requested that she go back in front of the judge.

Since last week, we have lined up admission to the only 28 day treatment facility for teens in our state. I am hoping that the judge will just approve of this plan and not have her own agenda. She could put her in juvenile lock up, or foster home.

All the agencies that report to the court said that the treatment facility was also their recommendation. The only reason I have my worries, upis this is the judge who handled the grandkids being put in foster care for a year, and then didn't follow ICWA laws regarding their placement.

Will post after lunch what happened...

Ksm

AppleCori

We are thinking of you this morning....

Prayers that the judge will be wise and use good judgement.

Prayers that daughter will realize the seriousness of her situation.

Let us know what happens....

Apple

ksm

Court went well. It's amazing to me that the judge was reviewing her records, then asked us a couple questions, then someone of the professionals (guardian ad litem, probation officer, case manager, two people from family preservation and some one from DCF) there spoke up and said she was to be admitted to inpt treatment on Monday.

The judge closed the chart, said that's wonderful, wished her good luck in recovery and it was all over.

Two days ago I called the judges office to leave a message that admission was all lined up, was was rudely admonished by an office clerk that they couldn't take a third party message for the judge.

If the judge had known that, she probably would have postponed court. What a waste of time for 11 people.

Ksm

ksm

Well, I thought it was great...until about an hour ago when a clerk from the judges office called us and said we need to be in court on Tuesday, August 8 at 3pm for a pre trial hearing, and gave us the name of an attorney appointed to represent us.

The clerk could not or would not tell us anything about why we are to be at a hearing, since we were just there today. Said we should call the attorney that is assigned to us. I called, he is out until Monday. Monday, we will be 200 miles away getting her admitted to treatment center.

My guess, we will see him a few minutes before court on Tuesday. So, I will be worried senseless the next five days...

Story of my life.

Ksm

AppleCori

This doesn't make sense....how can your daughter start her stay at the treatment center Monday and then be in court on Tuesday?

ksm

No, not her... WE, my husband and I, are suppose to be in court and have been appointed at attorney that ewe can't reach til Monday.

I just don't get it.

ksm

No I live in the US...

The four appointed attorney's office called. We wil try to make phone connection late Monday while we drive home. She thought the hearing will be postponed.

Ksm