Help! Hes SR

Discussion in 'Special Ed 101' started by night4now, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. night4now

    night4now New Member

    I have a post over in 'general' forum about my son, with this same title. He is a 7 yo boy, probably SR, deffinantly perping on other kids. Please see my replys and threads in that section, and help me!
  2. Sheila

    Sheila Moderator

    Welcome night4now!

    IEPs are for children with behavior OR academic problems in school. The child has to qualify for an IEP via the school district evaluation process.

    I know you are overwhelmed with info presently, so when you can catch your breath read the Getting Started thread in the Sp Ed 101 Archives forum.

    The sd process is easy to get started. Send a letter VIA CERTIFIED MAIL to the District Special Education Director. There are sample letters in the Sp Ed Archives if you need them. (No talking/requesting by phone.)

    by the way, I'd tell the school district about difficult child being sexually reactive.