Help Please I'm shaking!

DFrances

Banned
It is important to realize that your son still needs the security of enforced limits and that he is still dependent upon you in many ways, despite their adult-like appearance or independence. Insist that he pay for the repair. When you are afraid , then you must seek help.

You must be willing to not be coerced into taking too much responsibility for protecting your child from possible consequences.

It's simply part of the never ending process of your child learning to be responsible for his actions.

morningcuppa

Thank you. Yes he will pay. It is time he took responsibility for his actions instead of blaming everyone else and I refuse to be bullied any more. It's time he grew up. Good manners cost nothing. Fingers crossed.....

goldenguru

cuppa~

For what it's worth, I would have him sign the rules and something to the effect "I understand and am willing to abide by all the rules .... and if I don't this _______________ will be the consequence.

Have him sign and date it.

Sometimes our kids have what I call 'selective recall' when it comes to rules and consequences of breaking the rules. A written contract if very helpful in combating that selective recall ...

morningcuppa

Thanks for that. Yes he wasn't happy about having it in writing as he said "well you know I don't read letters" I said "well you'd better read this one!"
I didn't want him claiming "that's not what you said" or "I didn't understand" etc etc. The terms are very clear and very firm. Not like me at all!!!

Oh whats happened to his doormat mummy?!!!!!

goldenguru

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he said "well you know I don't read letters" I said "well you'd better read this one!" </div></div>

That's the spirit!! Go MOM!! :warrior: