Hi! I'm baa-aack!

nvts

Hi everyone! I want to start by saying that I've missed you guys! It was really strange to not hop on here everyday and talk to you. I'm really behind on what's going on with everyone, and I don't know if I'll be able to truly catch up. If anyone can give highlights, I'd appreciate it!

For anyone that missed: Evelynn Ann was born Jan 6th at 3:01 pm. She was delivered by c-section and was 8 lbs. and 19 inches long. She's got a head full of brown hair with blond highlights that is as soft as a horse's muzzle OR like duck down (my Dad LOVES to sit and just stroke her hair! This is #12 in grandchildren and only the 4th girl - two of which live far away and are in their late teens and early 20's).

I had a pretty hard time toward the end. I ended up with preclampsia (sp?) and cellulitis in my stomach skin (from the insulin shots and water retention). Throughout the pregnancy, I'd gained and lost 5 lbs., but in the final 3 weeks I'd gained almost 40 lbs. in fluid. By the time she was born (almost 4 weeks early), I had approx. 10 liters (think soda bottles) of fluid drain off. I still have more in my skin where the cellulitus is, but they're still checking me weekly to keep an eye on the infection.

She's a cute little kid (which was surprising - her sister was really pretty gross looking when she was born), but unfortunately, husband's computer is still a mess. I'm charging my cell phone, so I'll take a picture, email it to me and then post a picture.

I really want to thank Star, WFEN and Witz for keeping up with what was going on and letting you know what was going on...and the wonderful messages that you all put on the notice! I have to tell you - you gals were more family to me throughout this than most of my blood relatives were (3 of my sibs still haven't even called - the baby's almost a month old).

I'll be on a little more frequently (I wasn't allowed to sit up except for feeding the wee one).

My love to all of you!

Beth

:woohoo:

Lothlorien

Great to see you back on the board. Congratulations. I can just smell the baby smell from here. Yum, yum,yum....baby toes....just wanna gobble them up.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Whew......40 lbs. of fluid????? YIKES....... glad Evelynn Ann is finally here...... take it easy, you deserve a little rest.......

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So glad to see you back here :D You've been through a lot, so take your time and go easy. Can't wait to see a picture of her! I remember burying my nose in the soft hair of my own kids and just floating away in their beautiful baby scent... sigh! NOW look at them... YUCK! :rofl:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Can't wait to see her picture!!! So happy for your family and that you are finally able to get back on board!

everywoman

Great to see you back. Evelynn Ann sounds adorable. I love that new baby smell. I could just sit and rock for hours!!!!

DammitJanet

Glad to see you back!

You can post photos on photobucket and they have a great scrapbook program to organize the pictures.

katya02

Solace
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing pictures! And love the name ... I have a sister whose middle name is 'Evelyn' and I've always thought it was just beautiful.

klmno

She was 4 weeks early and weighed 8 pounds? God bless you.

(I posted my nicer words on the pics thread. LOL!)

F

flutterbee

Welcome back, girl!

I missed you! And your baby girl is just absolutely precious. Makes me want to run out and have another.

(Oops. Did I just say that out loud?)

But, thank god she was early! Otherwise, you would have ended up delivering a teenager! :faint: