How long did you wait in line to vote? (Don't say who you voted for)

muttmeister

I am on the election board in my town; have been for several elections. The longest I've ever seen anybody wait here has been maybe 5 minutes. But then, the total population of the town is only about 200 counting babies and dogs and goats so even if they all showed up at once we would probably be better off than people who live in a city. Another good reason for living in the sticks.

tiredmommy

We vote tomorrow. I encourage all parents of minor children to take them to the polls with you. It sets a wonderful example for them to actually see you go through the process.

Andy

difficult child's lesson this year will be "You can not force someone to vote a certain way."

Me: "I suppose you want to go with me to the voting poll tomorrow."

difficult child: "Of course! And you know why!"

Me: "But you will still not be able to make me vote for who you think I should."

difficult child: "You wanta bet?"

Tommorrow may be interesting! Chill difficult child, Chill!

BusynMember

I really want to bring my kids, but there is school, and I have to work at one of the busier polling places. I've never done this before so I'm sort of nervous.
I keep hearing how long the lines are elsewhere, which is why I asked how long people waited or will wait tomorrow. As for me, I voted early. Walked in. Voted. Walked out. But I live in a town of under 2000 ;)

LittleDudesMom

Haven't voted yet, but I wanted to piggy-back on TM's comment. I have been taking my kids with me to the polls since they were born. I think it's a great thing to do. They actually wanted me to wait until they got out of school when they were younger - schools are only closed for federal elections here - and they used to go behind the curtain with me and pull the lever when I was done. Last year we went to computers and I pointed to the candidates on the screen and difficult child did the physical vote.

When they were little, they loved getting the "I voted" stickers. Today easy child will vote for the first time! Our polling place is only 2 blocks away. Even though it's raining, we are going to walk. Then we'll wear our "I voted" stickers and go to Starbucks for that free cup of coffee for folks who vote today!

Sharon

busywend

I waited about 2 minutes while the person behind the current pulled the lever. I think it took so long because of the first question on the ballot. Ugh! I hate when they throw those in there.

Our paper had some interesting facts about our voting machines this week. We have a machine for every 800 people. How is that for overkill? That is why I never wait.

I love the baked goods sale (fundraise for the school - it is a private school that I vote at) every time I vote. I always donate extra money.

TYLERFAN

There was some confusion at the polling place but after about 20 minutes, I was finally voting!!!!!:bravo:

Blessings,
Melissa:angel2:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I was in line at 6:25 this morning. The polls opened at 7 but ours didn't actually start until about 7:10. I was done by 7:20! Poor husband I think will have a much longer line tonight.

K

Kjs

Polls opened at 7am. I got there at 6:40, no line. Waited in the car until I noticed a line starting. I was out at 7:14. Number 35.

Lol....I texted easy child and told him Polls open at 7. (he is gung ho about voting) He works until 3am. Just thought I would get him up this morning.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Polls opened at 6 at our little church down the street I got there at 6:30. Done at 7!!!
This girl done her duty....

Lothlorien

In and out. No wait, whatsoever. There was a slight line for one of the other districts. There was a steady flow of people. husband went this morning around 7:30 and he said that he had to wait for about 10 minutes. The other district had a much longer line. I guess the other district must be a little more populated. Where I live, there are less houses.

SRL

Cool Fran. So much for the advantages of early voting.

I just voted here mid-morning and was in and out in 30 minutes, about double the time for a usual presidential election.

SRL

When they were little, they loved getting the "I voted" stickers. Today easy child will vote for the first time! Our polling place is only 2 blocks away. Even though it's raining, we are going to walk. Then we'll wear our "I voted" stickers and go to Starbucks for that free cup of coffee for folks who vote today!

Sharon

If you're going to take them, get 'em while they're young because all of mine refused after about kindergarten.

Latest update on Starbucks: apparently it's illegal to reward voting in any way so anyone can have a cup for the asking today instead. It was a neat ad and cool idea though.

smallworld

I went at 11:30 am, and there was no wait whatsoever. I took M with me -- my other two kids politely declined. husband went at 7 am when the polls opened and was done by 7:30 am.

F

flutterbee

I don't know about other states, but in Ohio if the lines are too long you can ask for a paper ballot. We had serious issues in Ohio in the 2004 election with people waiting up to 10 hours in line, in the rain. Not in my area, fortunately.

I'm going in about an hour or two.