husband is home!

mstang67chic

Going Green
They let him go today and boy was he quick about it! LOL I got there just as his lunch did. The nurse tech came in to check his beeping IV pump and said that once he was done with lunch she would get him disconnected, he could get dressed and they would go over his discharge orders so he could go. (She disconnected the tubing but the port was still in) He ate, got dressed and hit the call button all in about 3 minutes flat. :bigsmile:

He has to follow up with the doctor this coming week and has a script for the pill form of the antibiotic they were giving him but he's doing good. His fever broke around midnight last night and his white cell count was down from 21,000 yesterday to 18,000 this morning. Still high but I'm not too concerned now that his fever is gone. Should it come back however, I'm dragging his butt right back to the hospital.

We got his rx filled (Holy Carp I'm glad we've got insurance!) and he's in the shower now washing off the "hospital funk". He was a little dizzy when we left the hospital because of being on his back for three days but otherwise feels good. Being a guy though, when we got home, he had to go check the progress on the new central air unit, go check this, go look at that, etc. If he's not careful, he'll be back in the hospital sooner than he thinks! :devil:

Thank you all again for the thoughts, prayers and well wishes. They are much appreciated!!! You guys are awesome!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's great to hear :D Better sit on him or strap him to the couch this weekend or he'll probably end up over-doing it. Hmmmm.... he might actually like that.... okay! okay! I'm going to my corner... :p

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...somebody has to pony up some bucks on these corners. It's getting full down here. I CAN'T PAY THE RENT!!! I can do a fundraiser of some sorts I guess. TV series...Desperate difficult child's Moms. Ya think?

Just remember how to get there if need be. Go to Main Street in any city, take a right at the first abandoned building and go up the stairs. You will be interogated as to your rights to a corner, but most often we can fit you in.

Now scoot over Star, Witz and Stang. Wait...there is Toto trying to hide. Get out here, girl!! Janet? Is that you hiding behind the 70's beads at my doorway? I see GVC knocking at the door. Can she come in? She's a celebrity now! It's getting a little too cozy in here.

I don't think Fran has ever been in a corner. Hmmm... we might need intervention.

Ok, I'm done being silly.

On a serious side (haha...me be serious?) I'm glad husband is home and doing well.

Abbey

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good news to hear he is home. Hope he gets rested.

Corner? moi? Surely you jest Abby. I think I spend half my day thinking I'm in a corner. LOL.