I am feeling guilty for feeling good- mother in law!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We told her not to come over. I even tried to back out of Thanksgiving. N has been sick, K is getting over something, husband is sick...
No way, Thanksgiving was ON.
I tried to keep them away for the weekend. I said we should not be around you guys, if Greatgrandpa gets sick, bad news!
mother in law and father in law are leaving Wednesday for the 2 weeks. Leaving Great Grandpa here.
So of course Sunday they had to come by one last time, even though they will be back in 2 weeks. I think they thought we were lying?

She (mother in law) is running a fever, coughing... I am kind of smiling. A little bit. :tongue:

How dumb are you?
But the problem now is if G-Grandpa gets sick! I am going to be so mad! The only other good thing out of this is that a cousin is in the middle of moving here. (Another crazy druggy long story!) But she shows up in about 6 or so days. She will stay with G-Grandpa. Even though he does not want her to.

He says, Totoro is fine taking care of him and cooking!:D
I am grateful and at this point don't mind.

But I am just so not surprised at mother in law... she is always sick. What was she thinking.
She has also been calling all of the time, because husband has been a bit curt with her, after they blew us off a couple times because of their plans.
I said flat out stop making them a priority.
He actually is listening and gets it!!! And he sees it! We are important when they are bored or have nothing to do or when it fits their schedule...
Well, hmmmpfh!:tongue:
I feel bad for laughing that she is sick. But I do hope G-Grandpa doe not get sick, he is old and frail.

Last edited:

klmno

Well, at least you can hope that she'll learn her lesson. Even if it is only a slight chance.... I hope G grandpa doesn't get sick, too- not only for his well-being but for yours as well!

Jena

Wow, what a rough time that is with them. They have just been driving you crazy. I'm glad husband finally sees it and gets it, that's great!! It will come in handy the next torture visit from them.

Ok yes I could totally see you smiling a little bit, lol. I hope grandpa doesn't get sick either. Poor guy, this is the person with whom she drags around and says "oh, he's fine", right??

OH, i'm glad you survived thanksgiving. I hope K and N are feeling better. and husband.

:)

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sheesh. Will some people never learn? I already know the answer to that. Hugs being sent to you. I understand where you are coming from with this.

beth

M

ML

I hate to see you under this much stress. I hope YOU don't get sick. Hugs, ML