I have looked into the face of the beast...

tiredmommy

and it is Middle School.

I worked a half day as an aide for students in the resource room. The good news is that their behavior wasn't any worse than the other students. But... WOW! I'm beginning to remember why I blocked out most that time. :hammer:.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I don't remember much from middle school either... and that's where difficult child 1 is now (8th grade).

No wonder things are crazy!

Thanks for the reminder... Made me smile.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HERE -
QUICK!

:st_patrick:

OMG didn't (slaps head) didn't anyone tell you NOT to do Middle school sober? You must drink to survive - the wild ones there don't like pickled parents.....

YOU BRAVE BRAVE SOUL!

everywoman

There is a special place in life ever after for anyone who has to deal with middle schoolers. It has free margaritas, hourly massages, facials, and wonderful soaking hot tubs.

tiredmommy

There is a special place in life ever after for anyone who has to deal with middle schoolers. It has free margaritas, hourly massages, facials, and wonderful soaking hot tubs.

I'd like the hot tub... I came home and did my three mile walk dvd and then went for a two mile (leisurely) walk with the family. Boy am I sore!

I'm in Duckie's school on Thursday... I'm a personal aide to a 1st grade student in the morning and then I'm (gulp!) in Duckie's class in the afternoon. Her teacher okayed it... there's only about 30 minutes of instructional time in the afternoon because of specials, etc. Hopefully she will react well; I've decided not to tell her until tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-I taught middle school for about 7 years-I totally understand what you mean by the beast. Hugs. That should be interesting to be in Duckie's classroom. husband taught difficult child computers for several years. I was always glad it was him and not me!

crazymama30

ACK!! You are scaring me as difficult child starts middle school next year. easy child is in middle school, and she can be a wonder. Wonder why I call her easy child.

KTMom91

I will not sub in middle school. Our district does not offer combat pay. I won't take a sixth grade class after Easter break, either. Experience has taught me that they become seventh graders, attitude-wise, about that time.

I don't know how their teachers do it, every day, all day, year after year.

susiestar

Roll With It
My father spent over 30 YEARS teaching children in 6th-12th grade, though usually his students were jr high or middle school age.

Did you "assure" you to the Dept of Human Services (DHS) and THEY can determine if you had sexual intercourse with they do everheard.