I took

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
This has been the worst week so far, I think, where pain is concerned. Nothing has come easy this week - not even sleep. They've had me back off in PT, but it really hasn't helped much, so I'm hoping to go back to pushing the envelope today.

Np pain=no gain, right?

But all things considered, still beyond thankful and grateful for every step, even if they hurt.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Shelly, rest assured, I have never followed directions like I have this time. Facing a reality of life without a limb (for me, an active person) really drove home the importance of doing this right. I mean, I recall lying there in the ER, listening to the docs discuss amputation, and thinking "I'll deal with it...I can handle this" and truly believing it (and had that been the outcome, I would have - what choice do you have?). Then facing 6-8 surgeries to debride it and reconstruct everything in an "attempt" to save it. And then waking up after the second surgery to them saying "surprise! I think we've saved it and I think we're done!" - words don't really do justice for the emotions that go with that. My biggest "obstacle" at that point was infection. Having my entire ankle open like that on a gravel, dirt, and horse-poop road didn't bode well....but alas, so far, it hasn't been an issue, and by the grace of the Big Guy, here we are!
But when my therapist says "sit"? There better be a chair near, 'cause my butt is going down.... (not that I like it...but I guess I realize now more than ever before what is at stake)