I woke up in agony this morning!

DDD

Sorry to read of your misery, Janet. Our easy child is broken at home so I'm not able to get on so often. The eye is so sensitive it could have been a darn mosquito. Hope you keep improving. Hugs. DDD

DammitJanet

Sorry to hear about the easy child DDD. Definitely not a sty. I have seen those before and I know what those look like. This is much different looking and its nowhere near the tear duct. I am going to try to see if I can find an eye doctor on Monday. I dont have one anymore because medicaid doesnt pay for eye exams anymore. However they may cover injuries. I have an ortho appointment tomorrow anyway.

Steely

Janet - please go to an eye dr or dr tomorrow. I had some really, really rare thing happen with my eyes - and I blew it off for months. Well, I shouldn't say I blew it off, I went to 3 eye Dr who gave me random drops. After my Dad pulled a thousand strings, and got me in to see the best eye Dr in Dallas - I had started to lose vision. It turns out I had a super rare thing called acanthamoeba. Not only could I have lost my vision but I also could have died. Somehow amoebas had gotten in under my contacts, (even though I took them out every night) and made a home in my eyes! I know, GROSS. They were in the process of eating the optic nerve - and were on their way to the brain. I am NOT saying you have this - I am just saying that I had completely underestimated the gravity of the situation. I was really sick. I had to put drops in my eyes, that were compounded by a special pharmacy, every hour for a year.

SOoooo - that gruesome story to say - BE CAUTIOUS AND CAREFUL. If you don't think it is a sty, than go back and be persistent. Is it possible that an animal or thing scratched the eye and eyelid, and the eyelid puss is because of the same scratch??

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

I am sorry I didn't see this before. I truly hope that it is what they said it was and will go away fast. But DON"T just take their word for it. If you need to see an eye doctor, go see one. I am pretty sure that medicaid doesn't cover glasses/contacts but WILL cover injury/illness of the eye. I don't get how vision correction is "medical" in their opinion (never have) but this is FAR different than that- this is a true medical EMERGENCY.

The pus is a sign of some sort of infection and it NEEDS to be checked. If nothing else, if/when it bursts, the pus could carry infection into your eye.

Which of your menfolk would be the best advocate for your healthcare needs? When you are sick, in pain, etc... you are far far less able to advocate for yourself. So before you are in the doctor office, get your problems written down and have that person go with you to make sure that the questions are asked, that the doctor answers them in a way that you and your advocate understand, and make sure your advocate writes the answers down - and has the doctor read or listen to the answers that are written so that they are correct. This way you will be SURE to get good answers, and to make sure you and the doctor both understand the same things. I have a feeling that Cory might be the best for this - esp if Tony and Billy blow you off on health issues and because Cory's tendency to gve in to an authority figure just because they want him to is probably not very strong. This means he can push for answers if he thnks the doctor isn't listening or paying enough attention, and that he won't really care if the doctor wants to blow him/you off - he will still push for answers and appropriate medical care for you.

If this isn't true and one of the others or a friend would be better at this, then have them come to the doctor with you, if at all possible. I just think Cory is adult enough now to be abel to handle this and it could be something he is good at with some practice. It is super hard to ahndle the docs when they make a wrong snap judgement of your problems - been there done that several times. I still have bladder issues from my hysterectomy. They could have been addressed at the time because I was in and out of it and when I complained they didn't take me seriously - and husband thinks that doctors are magic and psychic and always just "know" what the problems are even if you don't tell them there is a problem. So he was with me and daughter NOTHING. He even let them give me the wrong medications twice! They would tell me the names of the medications and watn me to say if it was the right thing or not. I had no clue because I was out of my mind from the pain and medications. He had agreed, specifically, to check ALL medications they gave me, to have what the dr wanted me to take written down and check that against what they gave me. He didn't even ask what they gave me - because they are NURSES and DOCTORS and they KNOW what is wrong and how to fix it. It was the LAST time he will EVER be with me during surgery/recovery/any medical ANYTHING ever again.

This is what I don't want you to go through. You have enough to do, just handling being sick. You NEED someoen to help make sure that the doctor gets the right info, that the ?? get asked and ANSWERED, and that you have a record of what they are telling you so that you can handle any problems that come up, esp if you end up in the ER with them.

I hope and pray this goes away FAST with-o any lasting problems. (((((hugs)))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
GO TO THE OPTHAMOLOGIST - NO MATTER WHAT -

That pus filled bump? Could have strep in it.....Dude had a pus filled bump on HIS eye - he left it go and go and go (like DUdes will do) until it got to be about the size of a dime - then over night he got a lump the size of a golf ball over his eye -and it was hard as a rock and it swelled his eye shut. He HAD preivously been stung by wasps (is allergic) was treated in the ER three days prior and gotten MRSA. Didn't KNOW he had gotten MRSA from the waiting room or even had a clue - it had gotten INTO the pin hole sized wasp sting - but it did - and the MRSA took it's course and he was in the hospital for THREE days while they lanced the knots and drained them. He said it was painful, and he was on Vancomyacin (sp) for a long time. Do NOT mess around with it -DO NOT pop it - if Staph gets into your eye ball it's very bad.

Just a FYI - could be nothing - but a backed up gland too but why take a chance.

Hugs and winks (okay scold me later)

DammitJanet

The nurse gave me a name of an eye doctor to call and I will do that tomorrow. I know none would have been open this weekend. I have been putting hot compresses on my eye and using the eye drops. Oddly enough, the nsaid is diclofenic. Sheesh. Same thing as that gel stuff I rub onto my joints. LOL. I should be filled up to my "eyeballs" with nsaids!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Are you sure you can SEE what you are supposed to be doing? I don't need a N. Carolina report of a Weasel incident!

L

Liahona

At least your sense of humor isn't broken!:rofl:

I hope your eye gets better soon.