Is there ever a time?

dreamer

I understand, been there done that, too. My husband and oldest were and remain quite ill..........Life has been quite challenging, to be sure. Hmm, ya know we do have 1 therapist and 2 respite workers and one mentor who we have continued to have a non professional relationship with ever since...........once we formally no longer recieved services....well, the therapist and one respite worker quit working.....and since then we meet for dinner out, exchange token holiday gifts etc.
Becuz we had the workers in our home so many years---we did become close to some.....not all of them were terrible. LOL.
I guess I was mostly wanting to warn- if it comes down to the wire, and someone has to be blamed for non progress.....well, people tend to cover their own back sides.

sameold sameold

Hang in there, we have all been there. There were many days when I just wanted to pull the blankets up over my head. I got so tired of providers in my home every day. Not being able to relax in your own home is such a drain.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I don't know if I have it in me. I am not strong enough for this.

nlg319, none of us have it in us. None of us are strong enough. Yet we get up and do it anyhow.
We don't have special powers. We are normal people in an abnormal situation. We get choices to either help our kids or not. Most of us on the site dig deep and do the right thing for our children. We aren't superheroes but normal parents who go to extremes to save a child.
So just put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Pretty soon you will turn around and wonder how you did what you did.