Missing her so much...

everywoman

it hurts. I miss my little girl. I haven't talked to her since Monday when she was getting ready to board the bus to take her to reception at Ft. Jackson. I had to go to the capitol city yesterday for a state department meeting and had to pass right by Jackson going and coming. I was like two minutes from her and yet it is like she is a thousand miles away. I'm used to multiple contacts a day. I've never gone without a few days of seeing her. I miss her texts all day long. :sad-very:
I know I'll be okay. I've been keeping myself busy. I bought a Wii and Wii fit to occupy some time. I've painted her old room---she moved out over a year ago and I had not redone it yet. It's no longer raspberry pink and black!!! I start back to school next week, so that will help some.
But, God I miss her!

busywend

Awwww! It will be an adjustment for sure. You need to keep busy. School will help. What can you do until that starts?

DammitJanet

Oh sweetie. I remember that pain so vividly. The only way I can describe it is this burning empty place in the middle of your body and you know that you cant do a darned thing about it because you no longer have one bit of control over ANYTHING! Your baby now belongs to this huge entity called Uncle Sam and they will do with her what they see fit. Oh how I raged at that entity when I didnt agree with some of the things that were being done...lol.

Pour out your heart in uplifting "you can do it, I am so proud of you" letters to her. Send them every day. You can keep a running letter going on the computer so its like chatting with her. I did. I even found cartoons to include in the letters.

It wont be that long until she is home on leave. See if you can find a matrix of what she is doing each day. I bet you can somewhere.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Think of it being an adventure on her part. Remember when we did this as young adults? It was fun. She's probably living the high life learning new things and meeting new people. Yes, she misses you, but is also experiencing things she has never done before. Let her go there.

Abbey

everywoman

Thanks for the hugs ladies---my heart needs them now.

I went to my great-nephews birthday party today. Of all things he had an army party. Complete with helmets, guns, and walkie talkies. The little boys ran around playing soldier.

One of the little girls had her feelings hurt because a boy told her girls couldn't play. My great-nephew went up to her and told her, "You can play. You can be a real soldier too, cause my Aunt Jana is a real soldier."

It was so sweet, I almost started crying. But...I haven't really cried yet, because I'm afraid if I start, I won't stop.

DammitJanet

Go ahead and cry. Its good to cry. Its cleansing. Im sure there are books out there http://www.amazon.com/63-Days-Wake-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218253545&sr=1-2

Bootcamp Rough Weekly Schedule
****Please note, this is not an exact schedule. It is only meant to give a rough idea as to what the recruits do.

Week 1- Reception

Day 1: Recruits arrive for general orientation.
Day 2: Uniforms and ID cards issued in addition to the required haircut.
Day 3: The recruits receive inoculations and dental and eye exams.
Day 4: Recruits take first Physical Assessment Test. Men's mile: 8 and 1/2 minutes. Women's mile: 10 and 1/2 minutes.
Day 5: Classes in barracks upkeep and Drill (marching) are given to recruits.
Day 6: Preparation for arrival of Drill Sergeant and start of Basic Training.
Day 7: Personal time and chapel service.

Week 2- Fall In
Day 8: Pick-up from Reception. Inprocess begins. Drill and Ceremony.
Day 9: Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) Diagnostic #1.
Day 10: Drill and Ceremony.
Day 11: Battalion Commander & Commander Sergeant Major conduct Values class.
Day 12: Classroom Instruction.
Day 13: Classroom Instruction.
Day 14: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 3- Direction
Day 15: Unarmed Combat Exercise.
Day 16: Victory Tower.
Day 17: Teamwork Development Course.
Day 18: First Aid Training.
Day 19: Map Reading and Land Navigation Session.
Day 20: Compass Course.
Day 21: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 4- Endurance
Day 22: 5 Km Foot March.
Day 23: Bayonet Instruction.
Day 24: Bayonet Assault Course and Pugil Stick Training.
Day 25: Nuclear Biological Chemical (Gas Chamber) Training and Obstacle Course.
Day 26: Phase One Tests.
Day 27: Basic Rifle Marksmanship (BRM) Fundamentals Training.
Day 28: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 5- Marksmanship
Day 29: 8 Km Foot March, Basic Rifle Marksmanship (BRM) Procedures and Fundamentals.
Day 30: Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) Diagnostic #2.
Day 31: BRM Grouping.
Day 32: BRM Zero.
Day 33: 10 Km Foot March, BRM Down Range Feedback.
Day 34: BRM Single and Multiple Target Detection.
Day 35: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 6- Trials
Day 36: Drill Sergeant Sessions.
Day 37: Basic Rifle Marksmanship (BRM) Pre-Qualification.
Day 38: BRM Pre-Qualification.
Day 39: BRM Qualification.
Day 40: Phase Two Tests begin.
Day 41: Phase Two Tests continue. Fit to Win Obstacle Course.
Day 42: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 7- Camaraderie
Day 43: Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) Diagnostic #3.
Day 44: Post Detail.
Day 45: Deferred Issue.
Day 46: US Weapons Familiarization.
Day 47: Buddy Movement Techniques Instruction.
Day 48: Squad Defensive Live Fire Exercise.
Day 49: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 8- Confidence
Day 50: Drill Sergeant Time and Uniform #2.
Day 51: End of Cycle Army Physical Fitness Test and Phase Tests.
Day 52: Hand Grenade Training.
Day 53: Live Fire Exercise.
Day 54: Threat Briefing. Foot March.
Day 55: Confidence Course.
Day 56: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 9- Victory Forge
Day 57: Drill and Ceremony Competition.
Day 58: Victory Forge: 10 Km Foot March.
Day 59: Victory Forge: Night Infiltration Course.
Day 60: Victory Forge: 15 Km Foot March.
Day 61: Personal Time and Recovery.
Day 62: Personal Time and Recovery.
Day 63: Personal Time, Foot March and Chapel Services.

Week 10- Graduation
Day 64: Inspection Period.
Day 65: Outprocessing.
Day 66: Personal Time.
Day 67: Personal Time and Haircuts.
Day 68: Family Day.
Day 69: Graduation

That should be enough...lol.

everywoman

Thanks Janet. I printed that out to hang on my fridge. I figured I would check each morning to see what she may be doing and then at the end of check off the day. It will help me see the end in sight. I do have a support system through goarmy.com for military families. I'll check out the other link too. Thanks bunches.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you hurt so much. But that pain is a sign of how close you are to your daughter, and how much she loves you.

If you need to cry and are afraid it won't stop, let us know. We will sit and pray with you as you cry.

I think that the familys of our soldiers make an amazing sacrifice, as do our soldiers. Without you, and your sacrifices, we would not have the freedoms we are blessed with today.

Know we are here with you. Let us know whatever we can do to help. And make some connections with the support sites, it will be very helpful as you go through this journey with your daughter.

Love you!

everywoman

Thanks Susie. It's so tough with her gone. PCson, daughter in law, and grandson are up near her---about 2 hours from me---that leaves just difficult child at home with us. And as hard as I try, I just can't get close to him. He is so hard to deal with. This morning he is ranting and raving about his car. He got the car that we first bought for pcdaughter. She drove it for a year, then we bought her a new one for hsgraduation. husband then drove it for a year. When he was a junior we bought him a nice truck. In two years he destroyed it. It was wrecked and fixed numerous times. Then it was wrecked and left that way. We finally sold it for little of nothing to our nephew who does body work. Well, difficult child is mad because he has a "crappy" car. With his driving record, and his attitude he's lucky to have that! And it's not a crappy car. It's a 99 cougar---a lot of people would love to have it!!! Ugh!! He is so getting on my last nerve today.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, I am in OK and would LOVE to have that car. I am driving a 1987 Chrysler LeBaron. I will trade!!! (Just kidding, but I know how frustrating difficult children can be, esp when you are down.)

TerryJ2

Awww, Everywoman, I feel for you.
It's going to take some time. {{hugs}}

Goodness, Janet, where DID you find that?
What an interesting thing to have, to think about what she's doing.
Wow.

DammitJanet

LOL Terry...I AM the mom of a military kid and I AM resourceful!

When Jamie was in boot I had a similar matrix of what he was doing each day and had it printed out. I had it hanging on my wall above the computer and as I would write to him I would talk to him about what would be coming up in the next week or so. I had read so many books about what it was like to be in boot camp that I almost felt like I was there with him.

When he went through the Crucible...which is similar to the Army's Victory Forge, I didnt eat or sleep any more than they did. They get by with 3 MRE's and 6 hours of sleep in 2 days and a half days. At the end of the Crucible they can finally call home for the first time since they left for boot...I swear I waited until I heard from him to lay down...lol.

It really is all worth it. When you see her graduate all this worry and heartache will take a back seat. Its almost like giving birth. The pride you feel that day will be more than you even felt the day she graduated high school. I promise. That day I spent in the hot Parris Island sun...in June of 2003...will forever be etched in my memory.