My classes begin next Tuesday~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
And I'm so excited!

This semester I am taking a full blown First Aid & Emergency Care course (I am already certified, but I need the credit) and a psychology class - Life Span Development which will cover birth through death. I can't wait for that last one in particular!

I ordered my books over 2 weeks ago, but one of them hasn't arrived yet, so since I received an assignment in that book (4 chapters to read and a bunch of questions to answer!) I am thinking I may just go buy one at the college bookstore at twice the price. I am going to also check and see if I can get it on my Nook for cheap...I may go that route.

So like a couple of little 3rd graders, difficult child and I went to buy school supplies last week! We bought our notebooks, some folders and difficult child needed pens. It was fun - not quite as expensive or fun as it was when they were little, but since we're both only taking a couple of classes, it was still fun.

difficult child started an online class: Event Planning Management, which is part of a larger program to help learn some great skills that I thought would benefit her no matter what she ends up doing with herself. It covers time management, organization, public speaking, and other great stuff. She's interested and the classes only run 6 weeks and cost $99/each, so I am more than happy to cover that for her - she would actually be doing something!!!!

The only down side to one class is that I discovered a girl is in my class that I knew when she was in easy child's girl scout troop from when I was the leader...I see her from time to time at the local CVS. Nice girl, but I feel a little weird being in class with her. I will get over it.

So, I am psyched! Any other adult students? I know you're out there...are you excited?

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I don't know if part 2 of my Italian class qualifies me as a "student" but I am really psyched to go back to class. Poor husband took French last semester and they're not offering it this time, so he is disappointed.

Good luck to you and your daughter!

tawnya

H & R, I love school supplies, too. And I'm not even in school!

easy child is right in the middle of radiography, and she loves it. I don't think I would last very long in any kind of health care field, but more power to you!

You will do great!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks for the good wishes. Tawnya, I'm not sure exactly where I will end up with my human services degree but for now I enjoy going to the classes, the topics of study and hopefully by the time I arrive I will have made a choice in terms of what I want to do. For now I know for certain that I want to work with women, possibly as an advocate or life coaching or both! Either way, it feels good to be doing something for myself for a change and since I am not paying for it, even better.

Star*

call 911........call 911
H&R.........

Now you'll be an "official" life-saver. You've always been one here!

I'm a lifesaver too - I think possibly pineapple.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I don't know if part 2 of my Italian class qualifies me as a "student" but I am really psyched to go back to class.

3S, I want to take Spanish and I will once I have the necessary credits under my belt. I also want to take two classes of American Sign Language. There is Deaf Studies program at my school and at some point, I'd just like to take it for personal enrichment. My advisor said it's very useful in the Human Services line of work also. My friend's kids (5 of them!) all took French in HS and one of her daughters is fluent in French, Spanish & Italian.

Good luck in your class!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so excited for you!!! One day when the girls are a bit more stable... HUH?
I will take classes.