My Grandkids are missing

DDD

I've been sitting here thinking, Mutt. Like you I never thought the difficult child connection would continue on to the next generation and, likely, the one that comes after. All I can say is that I am truly sorry and will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. DDD

TerryJ2

OMG, this is awful. I am so sorry. I will be thinking about you, and them, and hoping for the best. You must be crazy with worry.

donna723

Adding my prayers that they will be found safe and sound. What an awful, horrible thing to do to those children! I would be absolutely frantic if my grandson was missing! Hugs to you, Mutt.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, mutt! omg I'm so sorry! I remember too well the emotional hades caused by Katie doing a similar stunt.

Could difficult child ask the police if it would be ok to post Missing photos up on facebook with yours or his phone numbers as contact numbers should someone spot them? I've done this for endless people over the past couple of years, and not all of them are amber alert status. But shoot, I have a zillion fb friends all over the country (not to mention the world) and there are a LOT of us here with fb accts who can also post. It would spread like wildfire and you'd stand a good chance of someone spotting them and giving you guys a tip on their location. (if for nothing else, then to have a location for the custody suit)

Just a thought. Might cause them to run, probably not as they're no likely checking into fb right now.

Saying heavy duty prayers for you, difficult child, and them. Please keep us updated.

(((((hugs))))))

witzend

Any chance anyone you know is Facebook friends with him or her? What about the neighbor? Might they keep you informed?

DammitJanet

Someone said something about public aid. That gave me a thought. Have difficult child go apply for FS with the kids on the application. That is federal and their names will be on the case and they wont be able to be put on anyone else's case until that conflict is investigated. Now we know that your son is lying but thats okay right now. Better to explain later. Tell him to just keep the food stamps on the card and not use them. Eventually when his ex goes to apply, his case worker will contact him telling him someone is applying using his kids and he can ask from where and get that info. Or the cops can. Whatever. If I had been the food stamp worker I would have been THRILLED to have been involved in such a sting...lol.

DDD

Janet may have something there. I do NOT know if your son can legally apply for the food stamps but I believe her premise is accurate. I do know that IRS flags returns when two taxpayers claim the same kids as exemptions. been there done that when GFGmom "beat me to it" and filed her return pronto before I could file ours with the boys...who, of course, lived with us. IRS got in touch with me immediately. Sounds logical that the same thing would happen with food stamps. Might double check with an attorney OR with the food stamp people. I'm hoping and praying you get word soon as I can only imagine your anguish. Hugs DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
Thinking of you and praying for the safety and safe return of your grandchildren. I had prayed they would turn up in a day or so. ((((((((((huggs))))))))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mutt,

From a "legal" aspect/point of view? I think the suggestions are good/ but your son could really damage the chances of FINDING his children if he "tips his hand" so to speak with FB and all the other media outlets.....causing this man to take daughter in law and the grands further into hiding and like a cockroach he'll just hide DEEpER if he thinks someone is looking for him.....think backwoods cabin as opposed to intown duplex.....accessible.

No at this point there is no call for Amber alert.....HOWEVER if you can dig up more dirt on this guy? There may be a chance to push it. SO don't count it out. Yet. Amber alerts are not issued easily. Also while the suggestions of him filing for fs and irs are really good? IN A COURT of law that could BACKFIRE like you won't believe and HER attorney could really use that AGAINST him DESPITE what he's trying to use it for. "WELL he's a low life that saw an opportunity to get three time the amount of food....blah the minute I left with the kids......seeee why I left?" etc. So my advice is do not.

Brainless and brainless WILL get comfortable.....if they think no one is out looking for them and old habits die hard with ex cons like him.....and her whirlwind romance with mr wrong will fade.....and she'll call for help to the ONLY stable people she knows somehow. In the mean time? I'd get a private investigator to track them......and go to a custody attorney and find out your sons rights. Get HIS ducks in a row. Make sure HE is untouchable to an attorney of HERS......and make sure there will not be a way for Mr. Maryland ex con to get back and retalliate......maybe even contact maryland and tell them what he's done ......via the private eye.

If she does leave the state? That's a probation violation.....if she doesn't? She has to report......monthly ?????? HOw hard would it be to follow her home???? NOT by you or son......but by someone you know that she doesn't in a car him or her would not recognize. Again a private eye would find him in about 2 weeks 3 tops. There will be something in that apt that he's left behind that will tell a good private eye all he needs to know. Where to go and how to find him......All they took was a tv huh? So they're going to want cable......Can't get it in his name......Probably hers right?? Telling you.......private eye .......cheaper than you think..