Need prayer, good thoughts, anything to get me through these next couple of weeks!

Californiablonde

So most of you know that my license has been restricted due to my dui. I am not allowed to drive anywhere but to work and to and from my alcohol program. Can't even drive the kids to daycare, which I MUST do because I can not trust them at home alone for nine hours. I know they are old enough, but given the fact that they are two difficult children who hit, kick, scratch, bite, and draw blood from each other, I can not trust them. I can barely trust them enough for me to check the mail for five minutes. So taking them to the boys and girls club for the day is my only option. I am absolutely TERRIFIED of getting pulled over. My attorney says that I probably won't get thrown in jail for dropping off my kids, but even he is not sure about it. My mom is telling me to lie to the police officer and say I am taking my kids to work with me, since it's summer time and they are no longer in school. I don't know if I should do this or not. If I get caught lying somehow, it will make things worse for me.

So for now, I am relying on heavy duty prayer to get me through each day. My last day of work is the 29th of this month. I get my full license back on August 24th after I complete my last class. During the summer, I am going to rely on my mom to take me to the grocery store, etc, once a week. Unfortunately this means being alone with both difficult children most of the days and stuck at home. Somehow we will get through it. For now I need major good thoughts and prayers sent my way. All I have is nine days to make it through them I'm home free. I am a very cautious driver but I'm paranoid a brake light might go out or something and I won't know it. At my MADD class a police officer spoke and told everybody that it's a mandatory ten days in jail for driving on a suspended license. Yikes! I am terrified of going to jail. I've heard such awful things go on in there. I don't think I could survive it. This is going to be a very long two weeks. Ugh!

Californiablonde

Thanks, Liahona. I'm getting panic attacks now every time I have to drive. I totally need a Xanax to calm my nerves but ironically I can't take one, so I just suffer. I'm already dreading four o'clock. That's when I leave work to get the kids. When I get home at night all I can think of is the drive the next morning. In the morning before work all I think about is the five minute drive to the boys and girls club. When I make it safely to work, I start thinking about the drive home. It's a vicious cycle. June 30th can't come soon enough.

keista

I'll keep sending prayers out your way. I know how stressful it can be since I did similar myself. Actually made me a better driver.

buddy

You can only change the things you can change....you are doing the best you can and yes, there is a small risk, but it is calculated. I hope you can simply play dumb because you ARE driving to and from work when you drop off the kids, regardless of the route. I suspect you will never be pulled over, I mean, before the dui how many times were you ever stopped?

Drive carefully but not too slow and I too will keep the prayers coming. I told my sisters about your story (nothing about you or even the name of this site ever) and they were so upset for you. Even my sister who GOT a dui for drinking and driving...years ago and never did it again, learned a lesson, but she thought what you are going through...WAY unfair.

Californiablonde

Thanks, ladies. Right now I'm driving extra careful just in case. I'm not even going one mile over the speed limit. I'm worried I'm going to have a tail light go out and just my luck it might happen. The other day my mom said she saw my tail light was out. She said it didn't turn red when I pressed on the brake pedal. Of course I panicked and asked my boyfriend to please come over and put in a new light. We tested it out first and he said my mom was wrong. Both lights showed red. I kept asking him, "Are you sure, are you sure?" I wanted to be reasurred. Poor guy thought I didn't believe him. I know my chances of being pulled over are small, but I'm still overly paranoid. Damn Prozac the doctor gave me isn't helping my anxiety at all....sigh.

Californiablonde

OH yes, and I plan on playing dumb. Several people I have talked to are almost sure that is would be okay if I took my kids to daycare on the way to work, even though the DMV says no. I am going to tell the officer, if I am stopped, that I thought for sure that making a stop along the way to work would be okay. Hopefully they will buy it. Hopefully I won't get pulled over period so I won't have to worry about it in the first place.