Not doing Xmas

susiestar

Roll With It
That's right. I refuse to do it. when the kids can't pitch in on SIMPLE chores like not throwing wrappers from cheese on the floor, or feeding the cats, or anyfreakingthing I ask, well, Xmas is not my problem anymore.

Cards will still go out, husband might be able to change my mind, but seriously, there is NO spirit of Christmas in me. I have tried on 3 occasions now to help thank you paint some things for Xmas presents. EACH time i end up spending over an HOUR cleaning in JUST the kitchen table. Each time more and more of my paiting supplies are gone.

I HATE CHRISTMAS.

there. I said it. This year husband can do all the crafts, teacher gifts, gifts for both families and he can try to do it on the budget of $0 we have.

I am so depressed (and I am on medications - just tweaked them and seeing a therapist and psychiatrist - both of whom think it is the health issue and the family causing the problems) and I just want to go out and start walking and keep walking until I fall off the end of the earth.

Now I will have to listen to my husband whine about how he is never "appreciated" because well, he puts laundry in the machine (and leaves it there) and he will do a dishwasher load of dishes 2 or 3 times a week.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Thanks for the vent. Still not doing Xmas.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now I will have to listen to my husband whine about how he is never "appreciated" because well, he puts laundry in the machine (and leaves it there) and he will do a dishwasher load of dishes 2 or 3 times a week.

Mine doesn't even do the dishes. I have dishes to wash from Thanksgiving still in my sink. Which I get to do tomorrow morning now that my exam is over and I'm on "break". ugh

As for that nice long walk when you're feeling frustrated? Why the heck not? Used to make me feel better even when it was freezing outside.

Can't say I blame you. been there done that And I don't do it anymore. Xmas decor doesn't even get put up unless the rest of the family pitches in and helps clean. (I won't decorate a dirty house)

Might explain why Nichole has been doing housework for the past several days. hmmm lol

Sounds like you could use a major break, Susie mah dear. Any friends you could go have an afternoon out with? Even if it's just window shopping or sipping coffee while gossiping?

Find a way to grab some me time. And let husband whine. It'll just help him appreciate you more later.

((hugs))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Susie}}}

I have an idea. How about when you get up tomorrow, you head out to your nearest Borders or Barnes & Noble store. Get yourself your favorite latte and sit a spell. Flip through the magazines, browse the newest best sellers, or take that latte and window shop. Anything - just get out and be quiet by yourself and be nice to yourself.

Or, if that's just too much stimulation, you could hit up the local public library - nice and quiet there.

Or, go get yourself a manicure. It's usually only $10 + a tip ($2) and you get a hand massage, which can be so relaxing. Don't worry that your nails and hands look old and icky - that's why you're there. It's a cheap way to treat yourself.

Or borrow someone else's dog and take them for a walk/hike. Being outside breathing in fresh air really does help clear the mind.

You don't have to do Christmas, but you do deserve to be treated nicely. And since no one else is being nice to you, then you have to do it for yourself. Hugs, Susie - I hope you find a way to take some time for yourself and leave your H to it all.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hey, I'll go with you on that walk! But I promise not to let you walk off the end of the earth ;) 'Cuz it would make Columbus and the rest of the scientific community look really, really silly.

Can't say I blame you for feeling Bah-Humbug! I vote for letting go of anything that does not bring a smile to your face. Let someone else worry about it this year. The sun will still come up tomorrow, and you'll feel less stressed about it if you can let some of those things slide.

So turn on the kettle and make yourself a nice hot cuppa (tea, hot cocoa, nog, whatever) and put your slippers and robe on and tell everyone else to just deal with things on their own for awhile. It's amazing what people can do when they HAVE TO.

(((((HUGS)))))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Susiestar, join the club. The only thing I've done for the holiday season is the holiday card thing (YES!!! I finished), and a dozen kids from the 'needy' tree. That's it and I'm happy about that.

The H issue? Don't get me started. No advice there.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I was just thinking, I would go for a walk with you! :)
I would love to... I have no-one to walk with. The girls go a short distance and, WHINE...
Hey you wanna hear something funny?
Granfather inlaw, told me that N looked like a BOY! My little baby girl! He told husband after I made a Vegetarian Lasagna and invited him over, "Don't bother making food unless it has meat in it"

and then he tells us tonight that he is staying the whole month of February!
Wanna Run AWAY????

Jena

susie i'm sorry i saw your pm but not this.

Kids can be annoying, husbands/boyfriends/partners enough to make you wanna scream, even cats and dogs can annoy........... ok i had a good ending to this, where oh where is it? ?????????????????? LOL

it was going to be something funny and now its gone yet i keep typing........:dont_know:

Anyway go lock yourself in the bathroom, :bath:, leave big black garbage bags in the middle of the house and tell them all if they'd like it clean they'd better get to it because you are

OFF DUTY!!!!!!!!

(((((hugs)))) vent away. and yes i'm glad you said it christmas ***** sometimes!!!

DammitJanet

I think if the grands hadnt come along I would have walked off the face of the earth when the holidays came around...lol. I really like little girls for some unknown reason.
i used to sleep through xmas when the boys were teens.

muttmeister

I don't want to offend anyone here and I don't know your family or you all that well, but, if it fits with your belief system, how about celebrating Christmas by going to church and reminding yourself of the true meaning of the season. When we get so caught up in cards, gifts, decorating, spending money that we don't have to buy presents they won't appreciate for people we don't even like, that's not really Christmas. It has become, too often, a way to get us to shop and spend money. We run ourselves ragged for somebody else's idea of what we "should" do, and forget why we are doing it in the first place.
End of sermon for today.

susiestar

Roll With It
They ALL have projects they want me to do. PREP for any ONE of them takes over an hour. I am good for about 45 mins. Then they don't understand why I can't do a project with them.

I woke up this am and Wiz was here (jess was having "girl night" at my moms - decorating cookies, ornaments, sleepover, etc....). I went out and started making breakfast (oatmeal). I used up my 45 mins doing every dish I could find.

You want the kicker? I had to ORDER thank you to take the garbage out (asking didn't get a response, though he was paying attention.) husband was on the infernal computer. He would have cooked the oatmeal, but left a HUGE pile of garbage in his wake.

So, here is the kicker:

WIZ helped me with drying the dishes and wiping off the counters!!!!!!!

He VOLUNTEERED!!!!

Anyway, I am going to nap now.

by the way, my walk was not just a walk for fresh air, it was to keep on going.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie,

I had a NOT Christmas last year. I was beyond depressed, I spent most of the time in my bed, crying or sleeping. Dude was in the group home from hades, DF was in so much pain and spent most of his time either hurting, yelling out in pain or taking enough dope so he could sleep and he has SAD, my Mom was in OH and called me with the "wish we could be together" call. I was a mess.

I didn't put up a tree
I didn't buy gifts
I didn't bake cookies
I didn't cook dinner
I didn't shop and spend money
I didn't decorate or unbox the first light
I didn't wish others a Merry Christmas

I didn't die either.

But I did sit in my swing and ponder my depression, and then moreso pondered Christmas itself. Were ANY of the things above about Christmas? I did take advice of others here and volunteered and it took my mind off my depression for a moment.

This year - I decided to do this.......leme get video of my house......brb.
:D

TerryJ2

Whoa. Are you sure we're not married to the same person????

susiestar

Roll With It
I am doing better today. Not great. But better. Star, I think those lights of yours are Mahvelous!

I got the stuff to do the handmade Xmas gifts. Usually doing them makes me feel better.

And husband actually SKIPPED Sat eve Mass to go to the grocery with me. He apologized for making me do all the arranging and preparing for the holidays in years past. This year he SAYS he wants to help with more of that while he is off work (he has the week of Christmas AND teh week of New Years off).

I think Wiz shamed him into seeing all that I usually do for the holidays.

I won't go back on helping thank you with gifts for his classmates and teacher(s). He is so excited I just can't.

This is just NOT me, I am usually all OVER Christmas. Remember, I am the one iwth the post in Sept about gifts for teachers?

Well, I am not there yet, but thanks for helping me see it will still be Christmas even if I don't EVER get quite "there" this year.

Thanks to all.

tiredmommy

Susie- {{{Hugs}}} I hope you get the rest of your holiday groove back. Way To Go to Wiz for showing his Dad how to be a man, he's really growing up. I know you must be proud.