She who has little faith doing an update

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
We were all in attendance (including dex) at the first key turn. Despite almost blowing out our eardrums because the muffler wasn't attached yet, It turned over-it went a little forward, a little backward -it even went around the block. CD player had one of his cd's with his own rap music blasting. I have no seen him smile so broadly in ever so long

Last thing I said to him is Dan, do NOT drive that car yet - I have to go to the DMV tomorrow to renew my license, and will take you for your permit, then you can get estimates for the insurance. If you get caught driving without a permit, and without insurance, the car is history, and with you being on probation, you can figure the rest of the story out. And as a present for working so hard on this, I will pay for having it checked out at the garage and have it tuned up. I went in the house.

20 minutes later, dex comes in - Dan had called him and the car died down at Carl's Jr. in the parking lot two blocks down the road..sigh.. Transmission went.

They got it back home. To me, its a sign of real progress on dealing with frustration, cause he only let out a little string of eff words quietly, and went in his room, totally depressed.
He looked like he was going to cry.

In a way, it is a good thing - has time now to get his permit and get the insurance thing straightned out BEFORE it gets running again. And I will help him out a little. He worked so dang hard for weeks..

Marcie

goldenguru

Yah for difficult child. Yah for mom of difficult child ... you have supported him and I'm sure that went a long way.

Part of learning is also learning to deal with frustrations. Life deals them out generously. Sounds like he dealt really well this this.

Its all good.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I love the visual of everyone watching him turn the key. Tell him to remember the Wright brothers and how many millions of times they had to try before they got it done. He'll make it one of these days.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
difficult child has every reason to be thouroughly proud of his accomplishment!!! As do you. :bravo:

Sure, ok, so the transmission went. How's he gonna know it was bad til it was driven? Now he knows. And before he was counting on it for transportation like say to a job or something.

And like you said, by the time he gets it fixed, he'll have time to have all his ducks lined up and be legally ready to drive it.

He followed thru. Wonderful. :smile:

Transmissions are usually expensive, but not that difficult to replace.

Great update. :smile:

Sondar

A great story of stick-to-itiveness. Let us know when he gets it up and street ready again. This was probably the best it could've ended for this day anyway.

Thanks for sharing!