So she claimed grandson talked about suicide

BusynMember

In a last ditch effort to force Judge to appoint a guardian for my grandson ( he already had one and this time it was denied) she texted my son that grandson said he never wanted to have another birthday and wanted to die. Son knew grandson would never say that. Grandson, when asked about it, said he never told her that.

She dragged grandson to count appointed counselor who told her, after talking to grandson, that he is not depressed or suicidal and that there was obviously a misunderstanding on her part.

Honestly. Son could not hsve picked a nuttier ex. Anyhow, trial in two weeks. Looking great for my son.

BusynMember

Oh, she willkeep going back to court.

Fortunately for me I have learned not to let this bother me day to day. Just when son calos or I think about it.

It is very hard on my son. For that I am very sad. And for mylittle brave grandson.

Thank you.

susiestar

Roll With It
I wonder what a letter to her grandparents about how this is harming grandson and how he hates the court battles and how she keeps lying about what her son says would do?

BusynMember

Susie, they wouldnt believe me. Not worth the trouble. I never met them and they didnt like my son. Family is not close and very dysfunctional. Im surprised grandparents gave her money. Not to mention she has two sets of rich grandparents...they may both be helping her.

BusynMember

Yes. She wont listen to anyone, not even her lawyer. She already fired two of them. And she doesnt pick highly successful lawyers with connections and I think that is important. So does ny son. Son is extremely bright and when it comes to his son, he will do anything asked of him.

His lawyer called him yesterday to ask a few financial questions. I have no legal knowlege other than what I have found out through my sons years in family court. Lawyer is almost positive Son will get residential custody away from ex who moved away with new hub (the man she ran off with while married) from grandsons school district. Son and i are guessing his lawyer, who knows the judge from years of trying and winning cases before him, is going to try to have changes made to sons child support when there is a almost guaranteed change in residential custody from ex to Son.

Strangely, ex still meanly taunts grandson he will be going to a new school. What she thinks she believes will happen, whether it makes sense or not. Grandson is shy but smart with friends in current school and gets high grades and is not a behavior problem. Judges all over the country dont like to yank kids out of their schools. Grandson is really scared though. His mother tells him to get used to it and get ready to make new friends because he is switching schools. Because of being in litigation, Son has to be careful what he says about Mom so he just says "I am doing all I can to make sure this doesnt happen. I dont think it will "

I hope this ends soon for grandsons peace of mind.....

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
WOW!! I'm glad the counselor saw through it. She is truly unstable. My heart goes out to your grandson.

BusynMember

Thanks Tanya. Borderline Personality Disorder is my guess. She puts herself ahead of everyone, even her two sons (one with second husband) but she is especially cruel to my grandson. Grandson and Son are very close and that galls her. Now my son over indulges him but also constantly tells grandson is the most important person in his life and that nobody will ever come before him so grandson worships him. Without going into detail, i dont think my son is doing everything like I would, but he loves his son and makes his house as safe as moms home is unsafe. I give him high marks as a loving dad....no ladies ever trump his son.

When we first met ex, he asked if we liked her. He was 24 and she was pretty at the time, but very strange. None of us said yes or no. I felt it was his choice and he wouldnt have listened to my insight anyway. But, boy, the rest of us found her very odd and,as Princess told me in private, "ditzy." He was no prince either, but he offered her financial security and he isnt a runaround, a cheater and he soon became financially destroyed because she spent so much money. And she didnt let us see the baby once he was born. Then they moved to Missouri and next I heard, she had run off with another man.

Anyway, she now has a tremdous weight problem and can barely walk without panting. Is over 300 pounds. Looks gone. More importantly, she is calculating and cruel to anyone who doesnt agree with her in anything and especially to son and grandson. I feel bad for little grandson. He is a sweet boy who jumps in fright if anyone talks to him in even a slightly loud voice. He is so used to stepfather snd mother yelling at him. You have to talk very quietly to him. It is very sad.

Lil

Well SWOT, you're in the final leg of this battle at least. The moving without court or ex's approval is grounds for a change of custody in this state...which you probably remember from the beginning of this fiasco. I hope it works out well and little grandson is settled finally.

BusynMember

Thanks so much,Lil. Son was never even told she was moving. She did it on the sneak and tried to enroll grandson in her local school. Emergency hearing gave temp residential custody to son for school. Now he is trying to make it permanant. Attorney is confident.

I value your input for obvious reasons. Thank you !

susiestar

Roll With It
Courts HATE things being done sneakily. They just HATE it, and often punish it. I hope the counselor sees how easily frightened grandson is by loud voices, and she has said so. I also hope that she has seen how unstable the mom is. She sounds scary to me. Poor kiddo.

I hope things go well at trial.

BusynMember

Grandson thankfully has been kept out of court.

The main issue is school. Cant see Judge pulling him out of school. Thar is almost never done. Son lives in tje school district.

This Judge has a rep as no nonsense.