Stardude in wreck

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Geez, Star - don't know how I missed this. Glad that dude is okay after the accident.

I don't know what to say about his living situation. Just sitting here shaking my head. :rolleyes:

O

OTE

Aw Star...I'm coming to terms with the idea that it never ends myself. I'm thinking Dude is still under 18. When you visit the idiot you might think about mentioning words like criminal charges, reckless endangerment of a minor, not reporting an accident with injuries, driver's license revocation.... oh I could go on...

How's the pink tractor this dry, hot Summer?

Star,

I know I'm not here all that often lately, but, I can't believe I missed reading this!!!

I'm so glad Stardude is ok!!! It's a miracle!!! I'm thanking the angels big time!!! :angel: And, I'm also glad the puppy is ok!!!

As for the man who gave Stardude a ride - I'll help you "jerk a knot in his you know what!!!"

What is wrong with people!!! :grrr: I don't understand how something so horrible could happen and no one thinks to phone you... :grrr:

Well, the important thing is that Stardude is ok. You're right - the angels you sent to surround him really are tops!!! :angel: WFEN

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi all,

Thank you so much for your concern, well wishes, sighs and prayers. I saw Dude and he's really okay. I saw the truck and I was NOT so okay. Dude said to make it "up" to him and the owner of the home he's at he's allowing them to fix the truck for money. (I know, I know)

He's doing well where he is. The working part seems to be over the top to me, but he's staying out of trouble.
The part where he gets a license and a car? Well that remains to be seen. I think someone has seen the light of Dude-immaturity and senses that was a mistake. They are allowing him to get his permit and an ID card.

The part where school isn't important? Ahhh yeah. That too is being rectified, but in a very rural town getting that together has taken quite a bit of barking on the woman who owns the home's part. And she is very ill. Dude will be going 3x a week to a GED program.

We also discussed him going to counseling. They told me he'll NEVER do it. I looked at him and simply said "You haven't called someone for your counseling?" and he said "OH yeah. I have to do that, but they told me they don't have transportation." I looked at the counselor and she said "Well we can arrange that but he's going to have to call on his own." Dude stated that would not be a problem = he actually wanted to go.

The place he's at is okay. I saw his living area, bedroom - went from a queen sized bed and his own room and closet to sharing a bedroom 1/2 the size with 4 other boys and a closet 2 feet wide. THis is hysterical as he has nearly 25 pairs of shoes and is a clothes horse. I brought the rest of his belongings and the counselor said MORE CLOTHES ....I nodded and said THIS bag (garbage bag full) is the rest of his shoes.

So that's the take.....AND they have (are you ready for this) a DONKEY!!!!! And he's just in love with my son. HE bites everyone else but him, and I met the donkey and everyone said "Oh don't reach your hand out" and I was already kissing his little snout. They said we must be special, the donkey doesn't like anyone but us. That donkey has good taste.

All is well, thanks for your well wishes. And no....the tractor only got out 4 times this year. I traded the pink snapper for an Orange hot rod. I can get done in 1/2 the time, but had to redo the gate - it wasn't wide enough.

O

OTE

Star:
FYI here if the placement is on Medicaid, or even if he's home on Medicaid, Medicaid pays for transport to any medical appointment. Here it goes through the state social services if not through the mental health caseworker. Either way, not your problem and not your expense.

Aw gee, orange, just not festive enough! LOL

susiestar

Roll With It
Yeah, we gotcha on the gate wasn't wide enough? Or was it just closed? Just teasing.

Glad you got Dude straightened out, and the home situation. It sounds a lot more promising.

Hugs to both of you, sighing over the shoes. I have an aunt like that. When she left one hubby because he was scarily mentally ill, well he burned all but 20 pair of her shoes.

Um, I have 4 pair. Including my boots.

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
He gets the shoe fetish honestly. I'm a recovering shoeaholic. I have a rack, when it's full that's it! Then I hide them in the closet. haha.