They got him

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh my I am so sorry for what H' you have been through. I hope this starts to get things straightened out.

I have been wondering how this was gonna turn out.
You need some time to heal, Janet. My gosh a person can only take so much.

I am sending you extra strength and hugs...

gottaloveem

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAmom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't tell you how much I admire your courage, because it absolutely took a great deal of courage to do what you knew you had to do.
I'm so sorry... </div></div>

I agree. Janet, I am proud of your strength.

kitty9259

Oh Janet, you're tears are justified.....I'm sorry this is happening to you and your family.Even in airplane crashes they tell you to first use the oxygen on yourelf before trying to save another...you are no good to someone else if you are in a compromised state..makes sence when you think about it. Now is the time for you to get strong and have some peace and quite in you life.Recharge so maybe one day when Cory comes arround and needs you you will be prpared and not beatten down by all he has put you threw.He's safe where he is right now, and you did a brave thing but putting him there. Now is your time. Now it's Janet-time. I will pray for your family and Cory and all the difficult child's tonight as I always do. Kitty

hearthope

Janet it is so much harder sometimes to do what is right.

The easiest thing would be to turn your head and let Cory continue to wreck havoc.

You, in love for your son, have done the hardest thing imaginable for a mother to do.

It shows your rightousness, it shows your strentgh, but most importantly ~

Janet, it shows that you haven't given up on Cory. That you will do what ever it takes to make him see what he is doing to his future.

It shows just how deep your love for him goes.....

Take care and be smart enough to call the doctor for emergency medications, I had to have them to get over my grief.

You and Cory are in my prayers. I too will put my head on my pillow tonight with my son in jail.... There are many other's here as well. Post and gain strength, we will all make it thru this...

Traci

saving grace

Sending hugs down south to you, I admire your courage, put in your situation I wouldnt be able to do it. I would know it was the right thing to do but I dont believe I could do it. You saved his life. No doubt about it.

Grace

Ally

(((((((Hugs)))))) You will get throught this. You know in your heart that its for the best even though when it happens you feel like your heart is breaking.

DammitJanet

Thanks again everyone. He has called me one time asking me to not press the charges and I told him that I cannot do that. He hung up. It wont be any easier to deal with this. I think I will go speak to the DA and ask that he recommend sentencing be treatment in a psychiatric facility. That is all I can do at this point.

Kathy813

Staff member
Janet,

You know that if you dropped the charges he would just do it again. I know how hard this is for you but you know that it is the right thing to do.

Stay strong. I'm sending lots of hugs for your hurting heart.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
As far as I know you can't drop the check charges anyway. You already signed forgery papers at the bank and the bank is in the process (if they haven't already) of giving you the money back. In the old days at least, it would be the bank that now needs restitution and who would press charges against Cory at this point.

I'm proud of you, Janet. You can get through this.

Suz

DammitJanet

Suz, I believe you are right too. I think as soon as the money is returned to me that I have to amend the police report to list my credit union as the injured party. Then I am out of it except as a witness.

I do hate that this has all happened. I really wish he had not done this but his father and I were talking about this and we really wonder if he doesnt do some of these things as a cry for help.

When we kicked him out the night before his father told him to leave and not come back because if he showed back up that I would have him jailed. That I had called the bail people to revoke him and that they were going to show up. He had to know what was going to happen the second he came in to our house the next day. He was told. Maybe he really wanted this to happen but didnt know how to stop it himself. Of course, he cant admit that to anyone.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I haven't been reading here, so I wasn't aware, but I am so sorry.

Many hugs. I hope today is better.

Who knows what goes thru their minds. In the case of my difficult child 1, he knows what will happen if he does something. Do A, get B. But says it doesn't seem to matter til B happens enough. Who knows, maybe he wanted the help, and maybe "B" is happening and he can stop A in the future. I don't know.

Many hugs. You are doing what you have to do. If you let him get by with it, well, that just wouldn't be pretty either.

witzend

Yes, it is in the bank's hands now. Otherwise they will come after you for aiding and abetting, or they'll come after you for check kiting.

I don't know what to say, Janet. He's a lost soul, right now. He'll :censored2: every bit of life out of everyone he comes into contact with. You did the right thing.

hearthope

I have wondered the same thing, Janet.

You wonder if they make a bad decision and realize later what a mess they are in and then they are not sure what to do to try to fix it.

In my situation, I am letting go.

I spent countless hrs trying to manipulate the outcome of my son's wrong doing. I tried to protect him and protect his future.

I fought to keep his last charges in Juvie, knowing that I might be responsible to pay back the money (15,000) I didn't want him to have an adult record. Each time I fought for help for him, it made him not have to face the natural consequences. It was always 'next' time this will happen if you don't straighten up.

Well, he sits tonight in adult jail. He is 18. He is facing three felony charges that will stay on his adult record.

My suggestions and my pleading got him nowhere. I only succeded in letting him think he could get away with things.

Cory knew what he was doing. Cory knew you would find out. Maybe he chose you because he thought he could get away with it.

Let him know it is out of your hands. You be a witness and let it go.

It is time for Janet now.

(((HUGS))))

Traci

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

To be honest, I've been thinking along the same lines with Cory. Maybe it's not a conscious thought that he wants to get caught to end the spiral, but maybe it is something deep down. Especially since he can't seem to stop it on his own.

You did what you needed to do. Now the credit union will, too. Hopefully this nitemare won't all be for naught, and he'll at least receive some treatment. But you have to remind yourself that he has got to want to make treatment work for him, and get to the point when he's willing to stick to it.

I can't even imagine how hard this is on you and husband. :frown:

((((hugs))))

busywend

Janet, I am so very sorry you had to go through this. But, you did do the right thing. If nothing else you are teaching all your sons that nobody can treat them this way and get away with it. Your strength is a good role model. Corey may never see it that way, but your other sons will. It is a good lesson.

DammitJanet

I agree he has to get to the point that HE has to want something to work for him. I think that is why all the treatment we have done for all these many years has not worked. We have been trying to help him since he was 4 years old and nothing has worked. It has all been us doing the work really. I really question how much treating the kids works unless they are really invested. It certainly didnt help in our case. I guess Im a bit jaded right now. Seems like we put in a whole lot of time and effort for nothing.

Maybe now he will decide it is time for him to put in the effort because he wants to do the work. I hope so. I know when I got tired of my life being in the pits and things being so hard for me that that was when I sought help for me. It took me a long time to admit that what I was feeling wasnt normal. I was scared to admit it.