This is for Pink and all. How do you do your laundry?

BusynMember

pink, if you were five feet tall you would LOVE frontloaders!

Lil I am sorry but I have the best husband ever. He likes to clean the house and tells me not to help...lol.

Ok, it's not a contest. They are both the best husbands ever. Jabber sounds pretty special.

Pink Elephant

I have heard of that, too. Aesthetically, I don’t care for the look of an open door.
I agree, Apple. I guess I could close it once any leftover moisture was gone, but being that my laundry room is downstairs and out of sight, I just leave the door open.

Used to always leave the lid open on my old top-loading washing machine, too.

Pink Elephant

Too bad there aren't more old-fashioned moms here like me that used cloth diapers. Would have liked to hear how diapers were laundered in other people's homes.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We have front loaders now and they are on a stand so good reach for me. They are SO old. Were in the house when we bought it six years ago. Have had some repairs done and sometimes don't start properly so I'm expecting to have issues with that with the person that buys our home.

We have to buy new appliances for our new home so not sure what I'll get. I will need to use the top of the machines to fold clothes so won't buy the stand this time - and they are pricey anyway. Also I don't have a huge laundry room either. Probably will still get front loaders because I like the look of them. I will check out the steam feature!

Pink Elephant

We have front loaders now and they are on a stand so good reach for me. They are SO old. Were in the house when we bought it six years ago. Have had some repairs done and sometimes don't start properly so I'm expecting to have issues with that with the person that buys our home.

We have to buy new appliances for our new home so not sure what I'll get. I will need to use the top of the machines to fold clothes so won't buy the stand this time - and they are pricey anyway. Also I don't have a huge laundry room either. Probably will still get front loaders because I like the look of them. I will check out the steam feature!
I've really been contemplating stands, or even stacking mine. Glad you mentioned this.

My dream laundry room would be ball-room sized (LOL, not really, but a whole lot bigger than the current one I've got). I would have two washing machines and two dryers, in case one set broke-down, and I would have a huge folding table! I'd also have a long wall of cabinets and cupboards to store things away.

Lil

Lil I am sorry but I have the best husband ever. He likes to clean the house and tells me not to help...lol.

Well, if it were a contest, you might have the edge there. LOL

My dream laundry room would be ball-room sized (LOL, not really, but a whole lot bigger than the current one I've got). I would have two washing machines and two dryers, in case one set broke-down, and I would have a huge folding table! I'd also have a long wall of cabinets and cupboards to store things away.

Good Lord woman! How many people are you still doing laundry for?!? LOL!

I'm another that just leaves the door open on the washer. It's in the basement laundry room so no one sees it unless they're going to do laundry anyway. Or the cat...but she's busy answering natures call so she doesn't mind. :p

BusynMember

I actually shut the laundry doors out of habit. Also in our new house there is a pool table downstairs and it's a nice basement...we will use it socially. So I guess they will be shut to look neater too:)

If the house had an extra room upstairs I would put the washer/dryer there! Here is a humorous truth. I am so short that when I carry a basket of clothes up the stairs, if it's even a little over the top, I can't see over the clothes. It would be safer upstairs!

Pink Elephant

Well, if it were a contest, you might have the edge there. LOL

Good Lord woman! How many people are you still doing laundry for?!? LOL!

I'm another that just leaves the door open on the washer. It's in the basement laundry room so no one sees it unless they're going to do laundry anyway. Or the cat...but she's busy answering natures call so she doesn't mind. :p
LOL, Lil! I know, huh... but it's just a dream. My laundry room is so small, so there's no room to iron, etc. My dream laundry room would be big enough and open enough to iron, too. :)

Pink Elephant

I actually shut the Lau dry doors out of habit. Also in our new house there is a pool table downstairs and it's a nice basement...we will probably use it socially. So I guess they will be shut to look neater too:)

If the house had an extra room upstairs I would put the washer/dryer there!
My dream home would be a single level home. No more stairs! Gee, I hate stairs.

Lil

My laundry room is totally unfinished, not even paneling or drywall in most spots. It also houses the furnace and water heater, a water softner I've wanted removed for 16 years - since it hasn't worked since we moved in - the cat litter pan, and a set of empty shelves that, because they're behind the door when it's open, is never used. It's got about a 4' x 5' open floor space in front of the washer/dryer, which are stacked.

So yeah...teeny tiny here too.

Pink Elephant

My laundry room is totally unfinished, not even paneling or drywall in most spots. It also houses the furnace and water heater, a water softner I've wanted removed for 16 years - since it hasn't worked since we moved in - the cat litter pan, and a set of empty shelves that, because they're behind the door when it's open, is never used. It's got about a 4' x 5' open floor space in front of the washer/dryer, which are stacked.

So yeah...teeny tiny here too.
That's just it, having a little more space to work in and around would make doing laundry that much easier, even more enjoyable, too. For me, being able to iron in a laundry room would be pure heaven.

Pink Elephant

I never realized people had dreams about laundry rooms lol. Without my kids we don't even have much laundry!! :)
Sure, why not. :) I dream about all sorts of things all the time.

Another dream I have had (forever), is having a garden conservatory. I'd entertain and have tea parties and such. Life is for dreaming. I've always been a dreamer. :)

Last edited:

AppleCori

My washer and dryer are basement-dwellers, too, but I just can’t leave the door askew. That would be like leaving the toilet seat up, or the shower curtain pushed back, or dresser drawers pulled out, or cabinets doors standing open.

Just won’t be happening in my house.

Pink Elephant

My washer and dryer are basement-dwellers, too, but I just can’t leave the door askew. That would be like leaving the toilet seat up, or the shower curtain pushed back, or dresser drawers pulled out, or cabinets doors standing open.

Just won’t be happening in my house.
Ah-ha... so you do have a little fastidiousness in you! LOL! :)

I, too, think along the same lines, but for whatever reason I was able to accept an open washing machine door in my life. Surprising considering what a fuss-nut I am! LOL!

AppleCori

Ah-ha... so you do have a little fastidiousness in you! LOL! :)

I, too, think along the same lines, but for whatever reason I was able to accept an open washing machine door in my life. Surprising considering what a fuss-nut I am! LOL!

A LITTLE fastidiousness?

Understatement.

My house must be neat and tidy and clean at all times. Fairly organized and consistent.

Nothing extraneous lives on any flat surface. Only stuff I intentionally put there. My step-son has a hard time with this concept, but my hubby loves it.

Everyone picks up after themselves. No leaving things around the house.

That way I don’t have to do a lot of cleaning.