Venting before I explode

KarenB

Thank you. I'm just so frustrated because I don't know what to do for him. I was talkign about a medication wash during the Summer, and then my husband reminded me that he may be going to camp. We don't want him to be out of control while at camp. I'm just at a loss right now, and feeling hopeless. Thank you for the support.

Sara PA

Are you saying he's not out of control now? I must have misunderstood. I thought that was the problem.

If your only problems are that he talks back, hoards food, and tells lies.....well, he's a kid. They do that.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I could be way off base here, but in my limited experience, when a child starts taking things that don't belong to him/her or hoarding things, it's a sign of anxiety run amok. I guess if this is true for your difficult child, you have to ask if it's HIM (was he like this before medications?) or is it the medications (is it new behavior since starting medications?)

I can appreciate your concern about a medication wash and camp causing a conflict. Will he be able to function the way he is now at camp?

It's crazy tough to figure out, believe me I know!

KarenB

Sara,
Yes, he is out of control, but it's worse without the Concerta for sure. I believe Zoloft may be adding to the problem, and I plan to call the doctor today.

And yes I know kids do that. I have five others.

KarenB

gcvmom,
I hope he'll be able to function at camp. Who really knows until he gets there? But it's not overnight so they can call me if/when there are problems.