What chores do you hate the most?

JKF

JFK, they have special shower curtains that they use in hotels that stand up to most anything and are completely washable and no need for a liner either. They withstand water as well, so long as they are actually closed and kept IN the shower not out of the tub. Have you heard about them? Would save on buying new ones so often and be a worthwhile investment perhaps.

That would definitely be a worthwhile investment. I know exactly what you're talking about. I never even thought of that! Thank you for the suggestion Tiapet!

donna723

I don't mind cleaning the rest of the bathroom but I absolutely hate cleaning the tub! It's all that leaning over and scrubbing and scrubbing. But the one thing that I really HATE to do is cleaning out the rerigerator! Of course, if I didn't put it off for so long and let it get so awful, it might not be such a monumental chore.

muttmeister

I love yard work (except for shoveling snow). It's the inside that I"m not so crazy about. I do like a clean house and make myself do at least a passable job once a week but I can't say I enjoy it. My least favorite thing is hanging up clothes. Not too crazy about taking the clean dishes out of the dishwasher. I don't mind folding towels from the drier, etc. but when I get the basket of clothes to my room that need to be hung or folded and put in drawers, I can put that off until they're dirty again. And there's something about my kitchen floor - I always put that off till last.

Jody

I hate cleaning the refrigerator and the toilet bowl. Yuck. Picking up the dog ****. That's not high on my list either.

KTMom91

I hate cleaning, because the house is so small that there's nowhere to put anything, so it piles up. Hubby's idea of helping clean is to put everything in paper bags and stack it in the corners...now half the living room is uninhabitable. I just get overwhelmed with the piles of stuff.

I don't mind laundry, but I'd rather someone else did dishes.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I miss my cleaning ladies, sigh, it was nice having money, once upon a time. I'd rather garden and cook up a storm. When I was a teen I had to iron and starch my cotton school shirts. I was such an airhead that my arms were covered in burns shaped like the tip of the iron.

InsaneCdn

JKF - I was going to suggest the cloth liners - they are almost waterproof - I've never had water come through one - but can be machine washed in warm water.

Worst chore to do is paperwork.

Even worse than that is the chore of nagging the kids to do their chores.
It is WAY less work to do the chore then to "get it done".

DammitJanet

I keep looking online to buy a used dishwasher but supposedly we are going to redo our kitchen. Oh who am I kidding...lol. I should just buy the used dishwasher. They go for about 75 to 100. I dont think a romba would work for us because my house is such a disaster. No one knows how to pick up anything at all off the floor. The dogs shred everything and its all over the place. My living room looks like a snowstorm has gone off in there and Abby's tail has a bad habit of knocking my ashtray off my side table. I cant kneel on the floor to pick them up. I came out yesterday to find a strip of vinyl flooring she has torn out of our hallway sitting in my family room. I need a fence so badly for her. She gets so bored in the house in the early mornings when left to her own devices. She needs more room to run off her energy at this point.

I hate cleaning the tub. I haven't done it in a long time. After writing this, I'll feel too guilty and have to do it today. I have to buy Comet. It never gets clean enough, I don't physically have the elbow grease needed fo this. My shower curtains get thrown out every couple of months, putting them in the washing machine does almost nothing.

We eat off of paper plates, not always- husband will eat dinner off a plate- but I usually do, it's much easier to clean up after. I buy them at the supermarket in packs of 500 for about $7. It lasts a long time.

Ironing is another PITA! I iron my shirts and tops for work. It's so time consuming, I try to find a movie and watch at the same time.

muttmeister

Ironing? If it needs to be ironed, I don't buy it. If I get it home and it needs to be ironed, I give it to Good Will. I do spring cleaning once a year and then I do wash and iron the curtains. Last year during that time my granddaughter was here and she saw my iron and ironing board and said, "Grandma, what's that?" Guess she'd never seen one before. LOL

H

HaoZi

You know, it's not so much the actual cleaning/scrubbing part I mind - it's the moving things around to clean and putting things away parts that I despise. And vacuuming. I hate vacuuming, it's too noisy!

Calamity Jane

I'd have to say for me, the daily chore that sometimes gets me down is: thinking of what to make for dinner, shopping for the stuff, and cooking different things for picky eaters. Try that for 31 yrs. It's like groundhog day sometimes!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have an iron & board... For my crafts... I don't iron. If it's wrinkly I either put it on or toss it in the dryer with a wet washcloth...

Jody

Iron, omg Step, didnt know people still did that. I have an iron alright, dryer. lol no way. My ex is a nut about ironing, I would spend half a day ironing his shirts and he'd spend the other half doing the pants because I could never get the creases perfect.

DammitJanet

I had to buy an iron when Jamie joined the Marines. He became excellent at it. Me, I can use it to use iron on tape. One thing for sure is, if you want something ironed well, go ask a Marine.

cubsgirl

I cannot stand scrubbing the kitchen floor. I scrub it and then swiffer it daily and it still looks disgusting. My Dad is coming to town in a week and I know I need to scrub the darn floor again. My second least favorite chore is scrubbing the bathtub.

N

Nomad

Cleaning the tub
Emptying the dishwasher
folding clothes if I have a huge pile

A few things I like...like vacuuming.

trinityroyal

Those plastic shower curtain liners can be washed in the washing machine if you're careful.

Use warm water and a cup of vinegar instead of laundry soap. It cuts through the soap scum and other ick on the curtain, and gives your washing machine a nice scrub-out in the process. Afterward, just run a quick load with nothing in the machine to flush out the vinegar and you're all set.