CT Results

flutterby

Fly away!
Apparently, I have a right ovarian cyst. Not normally something to sneeze at, though I had no idea they could cause this much pain unless they ruptured (had that happen when I was 16). But, apparently they can. Found a list of symptoms at mayo clinic and it matches perfectly. But, then I was also reading at medicinenet that if you have pain it could mean a couple of other things, such as rapid growing or stretching, etc.

So, I have to follow up with my gyn. Since I take aygestin for endometriosis, which also prevents ovulation, I should not have an ordinary "functioning ovarian cyst".

The joys of being a woman.

DammitJanet

Thats the same thing that Mandy was just diagnosed with when she was in the hospital about a week or so ago. Turns out hers was from getting chlamydia and not being diagnosed when she first got it. They had to treat both her and Cory. Not sure how much damage she has now.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Janet. Chlamydia is one of the more common STDs. It is also probably the leading cause of sterility from Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) in young women.

It is usually without sx in hetero males.

Sadly; it is possible that Mandy's fertility over the long run might have been impacted by this infection

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather, oh yeah they can be extremely painful. Had them alot when I was younger.....and one fooled me (and the docs) into thinking I had a stone caught in my ureter. That's how painful the really big ones can be. *shudder*

Keep us updated on what gyn wants to do and such.

((hugs))

flutterby

Fly away!
I have the mustache AND a beard complete with-sideburns (or would if I didn't use a depilatory). Although, it's gotten better and I've been prescribed a medication that's supposed to help that. Just got the script, so too soon to tell.