difficult child's day of awakening

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yeah, I have had to click Edit twice.

It sounds like this PO is on the same page you are... Trying to HELP instead of PUNISH. in my humble opinion, that's what we are trying to get for Onyxx. BEFORE she follows your difficult child's steps.

k - lots of HUGS. Don't know what else to say. We're here for you, though.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sending lots and lots of hugs. Sorry not to have posted sooner but I am fighting a nasty virus.

I HATE that difficult child pushed it this far. Has anyone evaluated him for Seasonal Affected Disorder? I problem don't have the A word right, but it is similar to that. It is a disorder where people are affected when the seasons change. I don't know if it would fit or not. There has to be SOMETHING that describes your difficult child's patterns.

It really stinks that there are so few options. I don't know what will help, and I hate to think of him in and out of facilities because he cannot cope with life outside.

NONE of this is your fault. NONE. You are very right that something needs to be done to make him realize that following the rules is important. It surely hoovers that he won't recognize you as an authority.

Hugs.