End of my rope...I want nothing more to do with him

DammitJanet

Oh witz....the minute he turns himself in we are going to either his PO or the county sheriff. I personally think the PO is the way to go so they immediately violate him but Tonys boss thinks the county sheriff would step in and get the gun back faster. Dont know which way he will actually go. Either way Cory is toast.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You're right. I think you guys need a looooong vacation from Cory, and he needs a loooong time to think.

((hugs))

susiestar

Roll With It
I think cory possibly could be deluded that way. So often the difficult children truly believe that what they want/think is what really matters.

I know with my gfgbro that when he would have HUGE verbal explosions or physical ones - once it was out of his mouth and he was calm it was supposed to be DONE. No more said about it, no consequences, nothing. If I didn't trust him, or was upset then I was "holding a grudge". So often I was stunned and hurt and it didn't matter a bit to him. Once the difficult child is done, well, that is ALL that is supposed to matter, don'tcha know?

I think a very looooong vaca from Cory would be very good for you and Tony. You are planning to make Mandy leave also, aren't you? She isn't planning to keep living iwth you while he does his "30 days", is she? I could so see Cory thinking you would just keep her there for him, cause what HE wants is what is important to him.

As for the hurricane, what is he going to do? Stand outside and blow it away???

Many hugs to you. I know this has hurt you so badly.

meowbunny

Gotta love Cory's logic ............... NOT! Okay, I kinda understand it this time around. He can't protect you from himself -- his immature impulses won't let that happen. He can at least help protect you from outside influences. Wouldn't it be nice if our kids could see that their actions hurt us far more than anyone or anything else ever could?

When my daughter was dating the slackard back home, she was livid with him when he talked to me disrespectfully. "I can talk to my mother like that. You can't." It amazed me that she thought it was okay for her but not someone else. Same logic but on a much lesser scale.

I really don't care if Cory goes to jail or not. That's his problem. I do care about the pain and havoc he is causing you on an almost daily basis. When he finally is gone, I think we should throw a HUGE Bye-Bye Cory Blast. Singing, dancing, drinking, Raoul and friends. You deserve it!

meowbunny

I decided this was too important to just add to my other response, so here goes.

Janet, we all have parts of our parents in us. It is called genetics. No avoiding it. However, what we do with those genetics is what matters. I have my father's eyes, my mother's coloring. I have my father's sense of humor, my mother's temper. My mother's legs and teeth, my father's mouth. My mother's coloring does not go well with my father's grey-green eyes, so I died my hair and use a fake tan to make them blend together. I love my father's ironic sense of humor and have worked to develop it to the best of my ability. My mother's temper is not something to be reckoned with and I don't ever want people to live in mortal fear of me like I did of her when I was a child. I learned to control my temper and when I feel it flaring, I leave the situation. My parent may be a part of me, but they are NOT me.

Your parents are a part of you but there is no question in anyone's mind (even a vindictive, bratty, mean-natured snake like Cory) that you are not your mother. You worked hard to never be her. You took her genetic makeup, her abuse, her cruelty and turned it into a kind, loving, intelligent woman. Yes, you have problems and issues. We all do. Your faults may have been caused by your mother but they are your faults and not anything like what you have described.

You have put yourself so many steps above your mother and your childhood that you should be holding yourself up with pride, not listening to the words of a thankless child who was out to hurt you. For Cory (like my child and many here), the best offense is a very nasty defense.

If he could get you to deflect from catching him rolling a joint to saying things that he knew would set you off, he would and did. I doubt he believed them. He just wanted you to focus on something else. Sadly, he succeeded. Of course, it may have backfired (as so many of their impulsive schemes do) in that you no longer want to be near him.

Anyway, please listen to what we have all been telling you. You are not your mother. Not even close. You have overcome all that she tried to turn you into. You have proven time and again that you're the better person. Don't let some punk's words make you doubt yourself for even one second. You are a wonderful person (make that your mantra!). We all know and love that wonderful person.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
If I'd had coffee in my mouth, Id have spit it out at the hurricane remark. If it wasn't so crazy, I'd think it was an attempt at a joke.

Others are more eloquent than I am.. but just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Especially sitting here listening to the rain and wind pick up, as Hanna moves into VA ...

donna723

Janet, I am so very sorry he's putting you through this. Honey, you are NOT your mother! You didn't ask for the genetic makeup you inherited but you busted your hiney to turn yourself into everything she wasn't ... to become the kind of good mother that you yourself deserved and didn't get! I admire you so much for this and for all you've accomplished! It's like winning the race even though you had to start it 50 feet behind everybody else at the starting line! You should be so proud of yourself and not let one butt-headed, foul-mouthed, selfish, ungrateful "child" make you doubt yourself! I don't think anyone has the power to hurt us more than our children do! And when they really want to go for blood, they know exactly where to aim! I think it hurts so much more coming from them because most of our children will never really know the sacrifices we made for them, the things we denied ourselves of so they would be provided for, the hours we spent worrying about them and praying for them, how our worlds revolved around them.

I hate to say this but the more I hear about Cory, the more he sounds so much like my ex-husband! When all is said and done, nothing really matters except what HE wants. Other people are important to him only for what they can do for him or what he can get out of them. And such a sense of entitlement! If somebody else has something and he doesn't - not fair! That's why my ex probably owes money to a hundred different people and will never pay it back! And I've seen that "deflecting" trick puilled so many times - if you get caught in something you immediately do whatever it takes to deflect the blame off of yourself - you scream and cuss and go into a fury and throw up such a smoke screen that the original incident gets lost in the shuffle and you don't have to answer for it! Make enough of a scene and maybe they'll be afraid to confront you again and you can just do whatever you damn well want to and nobody will say anything! Been there, done that!

When my kids were younger I used to cringe thinking about the "genetics" they may have inherited from their father, especially my son. He could have easily gone either way. But happily, he is nothing like his father - part of it is just that he has an entirely different temperament than his father and partly because he was (and is!) so appalled by his father's behavior that he has always been determined to be his polar opposite! And he is! And Janet, that's is probably the same way that you overcame the cards that you were dealt and became the wonderful caring mother and grandma that you are today!

I still treasure a Mother's Day card that my son gave me years ago. I have it on my bulletin board at work so I can see it every day. On the front is a little cartoon guy and it says, "Mom, all in all I think I turned out pretty good!" Inside it says, " ... especially considering that I had 50% of Dad's genes to contend with!" Only he and I know that it's NOT a joke!

witzend

Meowbunny makes a lot of sense. There are genetic similarities between you and your mother, but you are not her. Give yourself a pat on the back, and Cory and Ike be damned.

Janet, everything that has needed to be said, has been said.

YOU are a good person, either because of or in spite of your mother.

What Cory did was not fair.

Giving you a really big hug.

Steely

This whole post has made me sick for you. I am so, SO freaking sorry.

The only good news is that he will be gone soon, and even if the jail lets him out sooner more than later, you will not take him back. You will finally get the life you deserve. Your sons are grown, and have chosen their paths and lives - and you now get your time.

Please map that time out, plan it out, set goals, orchestrate dreams. This is now your life, for ever more.

Hugs.

Abbey

Spork Queen
been there done that. My 2 cents of advice? Cut ties and let time happen. It can be either really good, or really bad. But you have to make the choice. Shoot...I didn't talk, visit, anything with J for several years. Now I think the boy/man (fingers crossed) is making slow headway. Even though there are a few positive things, I still have not let my guard down. Too many years of lying, etc.

You were/are a good mom. He's just being a jerk. Let him be a jerk on his own dime.

Huge, dear.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Im ok....its Saturday night and I have one full day to go. Now we are missing a car license plate that is dead but I had stuck it in a drawer so I could go get it renewed when I wanted to do so. It goes on Tonys car that doesnt run right now but the insurance is still on it because it would actually make my insurance go up if I dropped the car do to the multi-car policy thing. Dumb I know. But the tag itself is dead. I took the tag off the car several months ago and disabled the car because Cory was trying to take off in the car. Then he was trying to take the tag to use on other cars. This was before he got Mandy's car on the road legally. I know we saw the tag in the drawer about two weeks ago but it is now missing. I know it was missing a week ago. I just realized I didnt see it when I got something out of that drawer last week and it dawned on me tonite and I checked it tonite. Yes Im slow on the uptake...lol. I kinda thought maybe it slid to the back of the drawer and I just missed it so I took the drawer out and looked. Nope. Cant help but wonder if someone else he knows needed a tag.

If its missing, no doubt it was him. It didnt grow legs and walk. Now this causes a problem because we were going to slap it on a car Billy is buying and Tony was going to drive that car home for him. Yes illegal but I was going to ride right in behind him the whole way. Then Billy can get it street legal once it gets home. Sigh...always something.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry the tag is missing. I bet you are right and someone Cory knows needed a tag. Be SURE to call the ins agent to get this changed, as well as the tag agency. When you tell the PO or sheriff about the gun you should also give them the tag number and report it as a stolen tag.

I wonder if Cory will tell you who has the tag if he knows you reported it as stolen. Or if he will tell whatever "buddy" that has the tag that it is reported stolen.

Don't feel bad for not noticing that it was gone sooner. You shouldn't have to keep tabs on the contents of every single drawer to keep Cory from stealing your stuff.

He has become quite the thug, hasn't he? I wonder if maybe Mandy has a sibling or parent who needed a tag? That would be quite a coincidence wouldn't it.

I just HATE that you have found yet another way Cory has abused you and Tony. CAn I come and witch slap him? I don't like him being mean to you.

When is Mandy leaving? Has either she or Cory told you that? Or have you told them that she is leaving when he leaves? Do you think she or Cory will trash your things before they leave? I bet Cory may, I don't know enough about her to know if she will.

Give me a call if you need to talk, OK? Or post to me and I will call you.

Hugs, Just a day to go.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I would definetely report that to the DMV, even if it has been disabled. At least they'll have a record of your concern. You don't have to give personal details...just the facts, mamn. ;)

I learned the hard way with plates and stickers. When I was living in CA, I went to Vegas for the weekend. Well, some lovely chum peeled my sticker off my plate and I got ticketed. :devil:I thought I could just fax a copy of my current registration...NO...I had to appear in court in Vegas, or pay the $170 fine. They say it happens all the time. Not worth me driving back there, so I paid the fine and learned that you SLICE your tag multiple times, if they try to peel it off they get nothing. THEN YOU REPORT. Document, document, document. Who did you talk to, what date, etc.

Abbey

donna723

Another thing they do with stolen license plates is to use them to steal gas. It's big business in some areas. Most gas stations require you to prepay now but a few still don't. They go in and fill up with gas, then drive off without paying. Most stations have cameras but it's almost impossible to trace someone if it's a stolen plate on the car.

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, I've been following this saga all weekend. I'm sorry I haven't posted but it was impossible since my jaw dropped and I haven't been able to get it off the keyboard. :nonono:

I'm so sorry.

Hugs,
Suz

DammitJanet

Im in a bit of a predicament about the tag. I cant cancel the insurance because it would end up costing me more if I did that. I am not sure what my tag number is but Im sure I could find out somehow...surely to god someone does someplace in this state! The car hasnt been driven in months and months. There is something wrong with the wiring to the alternator and it has a brake problem in the back. We keep saying we are going to put it in the shop but money gets in the way. This car is supposed to be Tonys work car. Right now no one can actually move the car because we disabled it technically. (And not just by removing the battery...Cory learned that trick!) We have other important parts locked in my safe.

I have to go down monday and renew my tags on my car so I will report the tags missing on that car...sigh.

donna723

The tag number should be on the registration. If it's like it is here, they also have other ways of looking it up. If nothing else, they can just give you a new tag instead of renewing the one you have.

I think you have to report the stolen tag to the police though.