Got a call at midnight from Ant

Mom2oddson

I woke up from a sound sleep thinking my alarm was going off then I noticed it was a phone call from Ant. It started out with the "Hi Mom, I got something to tell you"....

he had just been released from the hospital after his accident. An animal ran in front of him on the highway and he ended up rolling his truck 6 times! He was fine for the most part. He had a slight concussion and a small gash on his head, it didn't even need stitches.

That is not how you want to be woken up. I'm glad he's okay. And I'm so proud that he is upset about his truck and worried how he is going to get to work now. The fact that he is worried about his job is such a huge improvement!! My little difficult child is growing up. (fingers crossed that the board curse stays away)

InsaneCdn

Well, hopefully he stays on the trend that "many" difficult child kids do... he's about 21, right? starting to work toward that magic number (25). Grandma used to say about teenagers ... if they live long enough, they eventually grow up. Come to think of it... hers were mostly difficult children!

buddy

So grateful he is ok! He sounds like he is talking like a grown up.....pretty good news...

Maybe he has rental on his insurance?

DDD

I bet it took you awhile to chill out and go back to sleep. Any late phone call sends me into "prepare for crisis" mode. It is wonderful that he is accepting responsibility and trying to find solutions. Thank God he is ok. Hugs DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, my! Scarey!! So glad he is ok!.

Watch that concussion though.........head injuries can have lasting effects that go undetected even by medical staff........and head injuries can also be underestimated. Rolled 6 times I'd imagine his head got banged around quite a bit.

What a way to be woken up. omg!

((hugs))

Mom2oddson

He still seems to be fine today. He's coming home this weekend to buy Steph's car. It's been sitting in our driveway since she ran with bad brakes so long that there isn't any brakes in the car. She needs money to pay off her fines (like I believe that is where the money is going, but, not my problem). Ant and his uncles will work on replacing the brake system this weekend and he'll drive it home. So, all is good.... for now.

rejectedmom

Soooooooo glad he is OK. I have had similar calls over the years. All my kids have had accidents and my husband has been in several including two serious head-ons that were not his fault but sent both husband and kids in the other vehicle to the hospital. Each and every time my heart stopped for a moment. Glad your difficult child is growing up and wil be back behind the wheel soon. -RM