HELP - at the E.R.

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Bubby has been very sad lately. This afternoon he broke down and told me he is worried about us dying and him being alone.

He has been very clingy and huggy which is not like him.

Didn't know what else to do. He wont stop crying. We are being checked in. :(

Any quick advice?

tiredmommy

First off, (((hugs))) for your aching heart. I think I would put a call into your primary doctor and/or psychiatrist/therapist. You want to assure Bubby that he will be okay and let him cling to you as long as you are able. Hopefully he will get some help, he may need a medication adjustment. Please keep us updated, we tend to worry.

StressedM0mma

((hugs)) It is such a hard thing to go through. Hopefully it will just be a minor medication adjustment. My heart is breaking for you both. I hope things are better very soon.

tiredmommy

More (((hugs))). While it must be upsetting for all of you, remember that it is good (in a very small way) that they are seeing Bubby's issues so clearly. Many people try to minimize their symptoms and behaviors so the care providers never get a clear picture.

dstc_99

you did a great job getting him there for help while the doctors can see his state. Taking him later or talking to the therapist in a week would not have made as much of an impression.

Scary yes but at least you know he will be cared for by trained professionals.

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
3+ hours here and we have talked to one social worker. No docs. He seems to finally be done panicking.

SW is trying to get him admitted to Children's but not having any success so far because it "is after hours"....??? Grrrrr

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Thanks everyone for the support! They could not get him admitted to Children's last night. They let us go home. He is "in the queue" for Children's once they have an open bed. He slept ok and I kept him home from school today.

Does anyone know how long I can keep him out of school without it messing things up? Is there a legal answer to that question - or who should I contact?? I am not sure how long it will be before we get a call from Children's and I don't think I should push school right now. Just don't know what to do.

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Yes, he has an IEP classified under "other - health impaired" for ADHD.

I'm sure once he is admitted they can help me with what to tell school. Just wondering what to do now. I don't know if I should insist he go to school or not. I don't want to do the wrong thing and make things worse.

I know school is contributing to this and he told the social worker at the hospital that his teacher "is not helpful" and "makes him feel stupid".

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Still not sure what to do. Kept him home from school again today. I am really stressing out. No one has called us yet about getting in to Children's. I am starting to back-pedal and wonder if we really need this or not. I think we do, I am just scared. I can't talk to my husband about it because he tends to put his head in the sand. If you don't talk about it then there is no problem. Then if I try to involve him he just blames me in an effort to not have to do anything. My feelings of being uncomfortable are far less important than my child's unhappiness though.

I didn't give him his concerta today. He is definitely more hyper. I also see bits of his usual anger/swearing, irritability etc. He seems less sad. I don't know. I wish I had help. easy child was so upset last night because he isn't getting all of my attention. I am only ONE person. I am feeling overwhelmed. I would normally have support from my mom but she just had knee replacement surgery. I am worried about school. I wish I knew what to do. :(