I am beyond stunned!!

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
My difficult child was placed into rehab by the courts. It was a diversion program through the courts and they did pay for the rehab. difficult child did have to work as well once she was allowed off property.

PatriotsGirl

It was all BS. They are not forcing her into treatment. They are letting her loose - probably on May 1st. She would just have to go to court twice a month, be drug tested and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I knew it was too good to be true. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked where she will stay - oh - "well she will have to find a place....not sure about your situation and if you can take her in"? Are they f'ing serious??????

What a let down. What a joke. So much for getting any help....she is five months, barely showing and still using meth. WTF let's let her loose!!????? What is WRONG with our system?? Simply because she doesn't have those types of charges!!

Everything I did was for absolute nothing.

PatriotsGirl

I had hope and now I have nothing...I guess the only good thing is if she tests dirty she will go back to jail.

Guess she will be back in jail in no time...or on the run...

toughlovin

Oh what a disappointment.... but all is not lost yet and you did the right thing. My experience with the court system (both from experience and my observations from my job) is that it works very very slowly. So if she has to be drug tested is she then on probation? Is that the final disposition? If she is on probation she can violate probation and that is reason to put her back in jail!! Again it takes forever for the court to finally do something but finally it often does do something. So dont give up hope yet.... and yes the system is totally scrwed up!!

TL

PatriotsGirl

Apparently their "program" isn't including residential rehab. So wtf is the point?? Honestly. She is going to go right back to using the moment she gets out. Sick. I just want to curl up and cry. I am so sick of this joke we call a judicial system. Their "program" is a JOKE. She is going to run - that is what is going to happen. She won't show up for court and not a dang thing will be done about it....and she will keep killing that baby and it will be born unhealthy and addicted to drugs. It will be in the foster system...and so goes another epic fail....

PatriotsGirl

I wrote an email to the woman that told me she was going to help. I asked her to please explain to me why they won't order rehab. I told her that I have a rehab that will take her, I just need them to order it!! I told her I thought I finally found the people who could help and they aren't. I am so angry. SO angry...

PatriotsGirl

And she has been on "probation" for quite a while now and has done NOTHING required of her. And have they done anything about that? Nope. They really keep proving over and over what a joke they are. I do plan to be there Wednesday at her hearing and speaking my mind to the court...

I'm so very sorry, PG. I wish that I had some answers for you. Sending you many wishes for good news in the days ahead, and calmer days for you. (((HUGS)))

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Saying a prayer, sending strength and good thoughts.......it's not over til it's over.............go get em'. ...........hugs.........

PatriotsGirl

I am going to write a letter and hopefully get to read it to the judge tomorrow....just need to put the words together without my emotions and anger getting in the way....court is at 9am tomorrow morning. Please keep us in your prayers...