I lost it over black eyed peas

Steely

Well make sure that you go to that DR appointment tomorrow, and I am sure it will all be fine. :) It could be lots of things - too many to speculate. Or it could be hives and stress or an allergic reaction. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

H

HaoZi

She's allergic to Buck. Stress can cause all kinds of reactions, we've all experienced it. The tiredness could be depression AND her body fighting the stress.

DammitJanet

Ok back to the idiot. I was watching America's Supernanny tonite and managed to crawl my way out to the living room to actually sit next to tony who it appears to rather enjoy his brother more than me so I went out there to sit with him. While watching it The Idiot remarked "when I was out in California it was full of atheists." I was like what on earth do atheists have to do Supernanny? Oh people who know how to act right go to church. UGH

susiestar

Roll With It
janet, shingles can start ANYWHERE, not just your back. My dad has them now and they started on his forehead. For over a week he didn't get help because he just thought it was a migraine and an acne breakout. Since he is well past the time he had acne to any great degree, my mom dragged him to urgent care when she heard him say that. The doctor was still 10 feet away when he said "WHOA, you have shingles, BAD". They "spread" a few days before xmas but to his upper arm, skipping the shoulder, neck, etc...

So it COULD be shingles. If it is staph, the doctor may tell you to buy hibiclens soap (pink liquid used in hospitals) and use it every day - let sit on skin for 5 min per day. Jess gets a LOT of what you are describing and this is the only thing that has helped her.

Get Tony to listen to Van. This has gone on long enough. Esp wth the religious koi - I would want to maim anyone who said what Buck said in MY home. I doubt my husband would fight to keep him there because husband is just a bit frightened wehn I lose my temper. I don't do it often, but like you it is a frightful thing. PLEASE don't listen when they tell you that you don't know how to live with people because you have no sibs. That is just bs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Put me into a room with the man for 15 mins. I'd not only put the man in his place, but have him doubting his faith and ready to quit the perfect church he's attending. He'd not be able to get out of there fast enough.

Now don't get me wrong. While organized religion puts me off, I don't have any issue with anyone else enjoying it. But the crud this jerk is spouting.......would set me off difficult child style and my mouth would be going so fast his head would be spinning. This is the sort of thing that gets me going in a huge way. Call it PTSD or whatever. It's a major trigger. I got kicked out of a church or two due to morons like him, seems they don't care for it much when you point out the obvious flaws in their twisted "logic".

Call up Tony's bro if necessary and have him have a nice long chat with Tony about what the real deal is that is going down here. You've come to close to an empty nest to have this piece of holier than thou trash take up residence.

I love my sibs, but be danged if I'd let one of them pull such a thing. And I have 3 that would do just that given half the chance. And one of those 3 is on his own little "religion" kick.......when he came to visit he started spouting off this and that and I shut him down in under 5 minutes. The expression on both his and my mother's faces were priceless.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Yeah....I am terrified he is attempting to take up residence. One thing I think he is realizing is we dont have the free clinic for him that is local that he can run off to and get his needs met. He is seeing how hard it is for Tony to even attempt to get any help with his shoulder and it is completely confusing him. The fact that tony would have to drive two hours to even try to get help doesnt fit in his world.

Right now he is out of medications and I dont know if they have refills on them or not but he wouldnt go to Walmart and pay to fill them even on the $4 program because he doesnt like to pay for anything. All should be free or as close to it as possible in his world. He was asking Billy and I for our medications yesterday but we dont take any of the ones he does and I wouldnt give him mine even if I did.

He got one check yesterday for $200. That is not going to fix his car. I am actually sick about his car too. They havent even looked at it yet. His boss at his store called him yesterday and told him that he had to be back at work by Thursday night or he will lose his job. I told Tony that he better save that money for his bus ticket home. I hope he doesnt plan to lose that job.

DDD

Janet, did you ever try callilng Travelers Aid? I know they have helped lots of people at no cost. So sorry this saga is continuing. Hugs. DDD by the way, doesn't $2oo cover a bus ticket?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Time for you and Tony to become a united front and get traveler's aide on board.

Makes me wonder if he already hasn't lost his place to live.

Beware, traveler's aide requires that person using their service has "somewhere to go" at the other end. So......if you can get Tony to talk to Val for his reality check, also clear it with Val that they'll say yes when traveler's aide calls. No one says they can't lie out their wazoo, the aide just needs to hear he has somewhere to go. Know what I mean??

Jerk has discovered that "good" Christians will let him mooch, until it finally gets old, which usually takes longer than other people (especially if you use guilt and their own theology on them) That is his "religion", the rest is just an act to go along with his new twist manipulation. ugh

DammitJanet

I have an issue with organized religion and obviously it may show because I feel what is probably the Catholic guilt that my family laid on me thick. I feel an enormous amount of guilt for the things that I have done wrong in my life so I dont feel that I can just go in on Sunday and all will be well in the world. Im not one of those who feel that if I cross that threshold one time a week it means I can do bad things and treat other people badly the other 6 days. I feel like because I got pregnant out of wedlock a whole lot of times and had 2 kids without the sanctity of marriage, I dont have the right to sit there and listen to someone say things about the bad things that I have done without feeling bad about myself.

When someone like Buck comes into my house and starts spouting this stuff to me, it really bothers me because I know his past and it is much worse than mine. I dont get how anyone can just turn that off. I have too much guilt. I wont just bury it and go down to the local church here because I am not disabled and start attending because they would probably help me with building ramp. They didnt come help Tony with making meals for him or clean the house when I was in the hospital with meningitis and he had attended that church his whole life when he was young. We had the funeral for his grandmother there. It seems like if they were so kind they would have reached out to him. Whatever.

everywoman

Janet, to me religion is such a personal issue, that I often don't talk about it with anyone. But, I had to respond to your thread. I think that often, people with bad pasts gain some religious knowledge and then think it is their responsibility to save everyone else. I had the same think happen with my ex during one of his recovery phases. I had gone to church, taken the kids every Sunday, had grown up in the church...he wanted to teach me the Bible. He watched tv preachers every singe day, all day. He would only play religious music in his vehicle---almost drove me batty. Not because I don't believe, but because my beliefs were so different from the way he thought.
My God is a loving, forgiving father and the foundation of my believes revolve around the Love your neighbor, love God, love self/I am forgiven because he loved me enough to die for me--and what exactly is out of wedlock---according to who/what? The state? The church? My bible says nothing about marriage having to be sanctioned by the state and my state laws says nothing about marriage being sanctioned by the church! To me, a marriage is a commitment of hearts.
I have a hard time with any form of organized chaos trying to tell people how they should live...You should not feel guilty...you have loved Tony and been faithful to him for years...you have been a good mother and taken care of your boys...your relationship with your God is your business and not your brother in law's.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well said, EW.

FWIW, Janet, I have learned TONS from you because of your past, because you've been there, and because you're willing to talk about it. And I'm guessing I'm not the only one here. I think you are one amazing and special lady to be able to have been where you've been, be where you are, and be honest with everyone about how you got here.

DammitJanet

Thank you everyone for making me feel better in this thread. I do try to be a good person. In fact, while all this is going on I am doing my freecycle thing of giving to others. I have my doctor's appointment today and after that I will be driving into Fayetteville to drop off a bag of baby clothes to a new grandmother who is having her first granddaughter in a week or so. She didnt have a way to come all the way down to my place to pick them up so I offered to take them to her when I could get up there. She needed a bumper for her crib and I have an extra. Just so happened I bought a crib set and so did Mandy. I got a bumper in some stuff someone gave me. No reason I cant pass it on. Somehow I think that counts more than sitting in my living room spouting junk.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You betcha it does. You LIVE your beleifs. Freako-boy just talks about it.

There's a song out that talks about faith being what happens between sundays...and I think its right on.

Steely

Well said, EW.

FWIW, Janet, I have learned TONS from you because of your past, because you've been there, and because you're willing to talk about it. And I'm guessing I'm not the only one here. I think you are one amazing and special lady to be able to have been where you've been, be where you are, and be honest with everyone about how you got here.

This touched me - because I feel exactly the same way as Shari. You have impacted my life in a lot of ways Janet -- I have learned so much from you -- especially in understanding my son. I have never met you, but yet you are a very important person to me. If I lived close, I would totally come and unite with you in kicking this yahoo out....Odd that we can feel so close to a person we have not met....Yet I do with many of our members here, and you are one of them.

I went through a 2 year stint as a born again Christian when I was 20 -- and the things that happened in that church and the things we were asked to do were unbelievable. I actually have about 75 pages written in my book just about that. I would be glad to send it to you if you wanted to read it or give it to yahoo -- because I too was that extremely annoying person shoving things down people's throats, and my X was Buck -- until the grand illusion fell to pieces our my feet.

<<<HUGS>>> And let us know how the Dr was.

LittleDudesMom

Sweet Janet,

Please remember that God knows the song in your heart. What YOU feel and know are what HE feels and knows. No one else has the right to sit in judgement of your life, your decisions, or read your intentions. Please have confidence in the decisions and choices you have made in your life. We are called to live our lives with love and generosity towards our fellow man -- you my dear, have attained that goal a hundred-fold.

Next time you look in the mirror, smile at the reflection knowing you are a child of a loving and forgiving God - no matter what "organized" religion you might have once belonged to or what religion you may choose to practice in the future. Should you not have a belief in place, still smile at that reflection knowing you are kind, generous and loving.

We all have our limits....

Please update us about your doctor appointment.

Sharon