Losing the Love of My Life

susiestar

Roll With It
We took hubby to a dr appointment on Monday morning to see about having a port installed for chemo. We were sent to the ER. In the ER they found big problems. After stabilizing him, he was sent to a larger hospital via lifeflight. He has been in ICU since. He has cancer everywhere & seems in pain when even slightly closer to consciousness. At some point after lunch tomorrow, we will shut off the machines. He did NOT want to be in pain or hooked up to machines. As a family, we love him enough to respect his wishes & let him go with our love.

His parents & sister fully agree with us. We will all be there for him.

Talking to my kids was 1 of the hardest things I will ever do. All 3 of them have been wonderful. I HATE that they have to deal with the. I am so proud of the way they are handling everything.

KTMom91

Oh, Susie...I can't even imagine what you and the kids are going through. I'm so sorry. Many, many hugs for all of you.

BloodiedButUnbowed

I cannot imagine how devastated you must be. What a shock, and a nightmare. We are all here for you. I will pray for your husband to go painlessly and peacefully on to the next phase of his journey. Keep posting as you can, and remember that we are part of your family.

ksm

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. I hope you can find some peace, knowing you are honoring him by doing what he would want you to do. May your family come together and love and support each other. I pray that, in the future, you find comfort in all your memories of your lives together. Ksm

JayPee

Sending good vibes...
Susie,

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Wishing you and your family peace and strength during this difficult time.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I am so terribly sorry. This is the hardest thing of all; to lose someone you love.

Prayers for peace for all of you until you can be together again.

ahhjeez

Oh Susie I am so very sorry. My heart just breaks for you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Nomad

Staff member
Dear Susie,
I am so sorry to read this and know this is tremendously painful. We are all here for you and will continue to be. Prayers for your husband, you and family.

Copabanana

Oh Susie. My heart breaks for you. I am just seeing this. I am so very, very sorry. I send my love and prayers to you and to your family.

Last edited:

Lil

Oh Susie, I'm just now seeing this and I'm so very, very sorry. My heart just breaks for you. Please know you are in my heart and in my prayers and I send all the strength I have your way.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Susie, I am so very, very sorry. My heart is breaking for you. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be.
Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers.