to my dear friends

SunnyFlorida

Janet, it is with heavy heart and a whole lot of understanding that I "bid you Adieu".

Thank you for sharing your ups, downs, journey, happiness, and sorrows.

We evolve as hopefully our difficult child's will evolve.

I hope you keep that back door open for any one of us who have questions. I hope your new front door is an opening to a place where you not only feel comfortable but will expand you're already great advocate self.

God speed for you and God speed for Tony.

((((sunny hugs)))

Janet - on this board for 7 years and I still don't know how to PM! Okay, I'm pathetic. Please PM me with your email and I will send you mine.

I'm so sorry that people have hurt you. There used to be a TV commercial "words hit harder than a fist". Some people don't realize or maybe care that they have caused pain. I CARE and though I haven't read the posts on PE I am enraged on your behalf. I know there were PMs that hurt you, but as you said, if you haven't been there done that, you can't possibly understand the pain. You cannot throw your child away. It's just not that easy.

As I said before, you have been my mentor, my friend and a lot of times, my sanity. I will miss you SO much!

AngelaMia/Merris

Wishing

Janet-I am so sorry you are moving on you have been a beacon of understanding in a world that frequently does not understand our kids. You have a lot of courage in sharing Ant's struggle and the way you have dealt with his issues gives me strength. I had someone answer a post I made with a biting remark and I felt humilated. It made me think twice about posting. You are a major loss for this board and I do hope you check in with us and give us Ant's progress. We are rooting for him. I wish you the best and feel sad about you leaving.

lovemysons

Janet,

I also will deeply miss you. You have been such a huge part of the CD board for years. I hope you will always know there is a special place in the hearts of many many people for you and Tony.

Please come back at least monthly to give us an update. I just can't imagine being here without you.

with love and care wherever you are out there...you and Tony will be in my prayers.

lovemysons
ps...I also looked at Prisontalk when my oldest went to prison. It was helpful to hear what others already knew about where he was going, conditions, etc. I hope you will find the support you need there...just don't forget us here! Man I'm gonna miss you!

Allan-Matlem

Dear Janet,
I am glad to have checked in so I can wish you every success and true happiness. You have been my mentor, and friend. I will continue to pray for you and your family and you will be always have a place in my heart. In Hebrew we never say goodbye - we say - see you later
Allan

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, well, well, dear Janet, Antsmom, Tony's mom,

This place really won't be the same without you. I feel like we are close members of the same family. Although I have never written a lot here, I truly feel "belonging", and especially with those who have been here for so many years together. I too remember the very beginning, when he took your ring and pawned it, etc. etc. What a long time ago!

Your natural talent to write about your life has helped all of us here. You have included us in your life, and helped us to understand what you have been going through. You have always been for me a shining example of a true warrior mom, trying to teach your son, and then, when "things" happen, coming to terms with it and coping as best you can.

I am so happy for you that you have your boyfriend at your side, and Kaleb to bring a smile to your face. I truly pray that Tony will come through the experience sobered in more than one sense, and that for once and for all he will "get the message."

I wish for you, a truly happy family. And I send you, as you know from my PMs, a very big and strong hug. Please keep in touch with us and let us know how things are going along.

Love, Esther

prayerful

well iam new here at this site don't know everyone , but i hope that things work out for you and your family . keep trusting in god and he will do the rest . :angel: hope to see a great up date on things .

OpenWindow

Janet,

Add me to the list of those who will miss you tremendously. Through the years you have helped me and my difficult child more than you will ever know. Balancing the love you have for Tony with the strength of knowing when to detach has really been an inspiration.

I hope you realize what an important role you've played in the journey of so many other mother's across the world. I think you exemplify what being a member of this board is all about. Ant will always hold a special place in my heart, and I continue praying for him every day.

Linda

rejectedmom

Janet, I do not come to the board as often as I used to so i am very late posting my farewell. But I cannot go without acknowledging all you have done for me and my difficult child. You have always given me good advice and much understanding and support.
We have experienced much of the same kinds of misery as our sons made bad choices that landed them in places no one ever wants to see their child. When I was frozen with fear you lent me courage. When I was uncertain you gave me clarity. When I wanted to stop loving my son because it hurt too much you showed me how to detach with love. You were a mentor and a friend. I am eternally grateful. May God be with you and Tony and may you both find peace of heart in the hard time ahead. Thank you my friend for all that you have given.
-RM

rita

Hi Janet
I don't get opportunity to check in much myself anymore. Like you we have gone the distance in this home. Long ago there were many parts of J's life I quit writing about publically.
It is hard as a parent to read or hear things about your child that you know they have done which are morally unacceptable to others and have them judge when you know your child was suffering addiction whatever when it occurred.
We taught them right and wrong and we know they know. Love in a family can survive unimaginable tests.
Ant(he will always be ant to me:) I wish the best, I still believe they will "get there". No matter what we will always love them.
Janet I send you hugs, love, peace and courage to face this time.It is so very hard.
your friend rita

envisablepuppet

Janet,

I haven't been here for awhile like a lot of the others who have posted to this thread. To come back to check in and read someone said something so unkind and hurtful to you it caused you to choose to find a new site is appalling!!!

You have always been so kind and caring it is so upsetting to hear anyone would be less then kind to you. I'm glad I wasnt here to see it.

I do want to thank you for being here for me when I was at such a loss as to what to do. I learned a lot from you and gained strength from your words. I think it's quite sad so many won't have the same opportunity. Your absence won't go unnoticed.

I hope you find what you need and I will pray for both you and Ant Like Rita said, he will always be ant to me. I'm so sorry after all you have given to this board you recived unkind words from someone who "hasen't been there done that" in return.

My best to you and to Ant. You will be missed.

Lea

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Antsmom, I don't usually check the teens/substance abuse forum, but while accidentally hitting a wrong button I came upon your post. I assumed you posted here because it wasn't such a "public" place and I get the feeling that you kind of want to go quietly away and I can understand those feelings. We will miss your comments and insights. I hope Ant can get thru his prison term without incident and gain a maturity for when he gets out. Whether you post or not you are still in our thoughts and thank you for coming to the board with your story. Please come back and check in, as you have many friends here......You will be missed......
:flower: