Jumper is crabby and I found out why. What to do?

BusynMember

Thanks for all the replies when we were in Chicago. I had a great time. I think Jumper is too. She kind of is hard to read and she did mention that she wasn't getting any texts from anybody and I told her she had to make the first move too and she said she wouldn't and I shrugged. I hope things are getting better. I'm not sure they are, but I'm going to try to find a counselor first thing on Monday. And, yes, I will ask friends who they have used.

I am not that great a parent...lol. Jumper is a pretty easy child. We are also very close, although I know I "annoy" her at times. You couldn't parent a difficult child like I can parent Jumper. a difficult child (which I have a few of) will just refuse to do anything you recommend and won't cooperate. Jumper isn't like that. Not yet anyway.

witzend

Hey, MWM - don't underestimate yourself! She's 16 years old and still takes your advice. There's a lot of non-difficult children who don't have that relationship with their parents. I vote for "you're a pretty good mom"!

BusynMember

Witz, thank you! That is so kind. She doesn't always take my advice...lol. Because she has a good head on her shoulders, I usually let her make her own decisions. I'd say she gives me a hearing.

DammitJanet

Sorry, I misspelled it because of spell check. I use that because I cant spell worth a damn. If I relied on what comes out of my brain you wouldnt be able to read a thing I write. LOL. After the meningitis I lost all my ability to spell.