OMG!!! BIG news!!!

PatriotsGirl

Many of you may remember the sheer hades I went through with my daughter. She was a meth addict for many years and now has almost three years clean.

She is getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She met THE one. They knew each other from before when they were both in their addiction. He has five years clean now and is the most soft spoken gentle giant I have ever met. :) They went on a date in January and have been together ever since. He proposed at Carabba's - he has a friend that works there. The whole restaurant was in on it. They had Connor bring Marina the ring on a dessert plate. It was perfect! He is the most amazing father figure to Connor. Connor adores him. I couldn't have prayed for a better son in law - we are so thrilled!

But that is not all. They are closing on a beautiful four bedroom three bath home on Monday!!!

Just wanted to share here - so many have been with us on this journey and I want you all to know there IS hope! I never would have dreamed we would be where we are today. (Oh and can you believe after YEARS of butting heads - her and daddy get along now better than ever?? Better than she and I do!)

pasajes4

PatriotsGirl, It is good to "see" you again. I do remember your journey. I am thrilled to hear how things have turned out for your family. This is a beautiful reminder of what another wise warrior
parent posted years ago, " This is their story. We don't get to write the final chapter". Her story certainly had some horrific chapters. The new chapter is proof that they can turn it around and live a good life.

:bpotd:

wisernow

wisernow
What wonderful news. Congratulations! And yes she has written her own chapters! And you had the strength to let her do that hoping that some day just may be the day! Well here it is! Enjoy!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I am so hopeful reading your post. I know my 17 year old has a long way to go to hit what ever norton he will hit to turn himself around.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Thank you so much for some positive, uplifting news!

You must be over the top with joy! No more suffering for momma.

So happy for you all.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Wow, PG, I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful success story......wishing you and your family the very best.....

lovemyson1

HALLELUJAH!!!! So very happy to read this! I remember and I couldn't be happier for you all! Tell her I said I'm so proud of her and congratulations!