should know by end of day about difficult child

Jena I think it's too early to think about homeschooling. They can't push you into that. That is your choice (not saying homeschooling is bad -- just that it's not up to them, as you know). The others' advice about Remeron is giving me some hope -- for relief of anxiety, sleep and increased appetite for daughter.

I was wondering why they didn't give her a liter of fluids when you guys were in the ER, just to make her feel better. Or maybe you weren't in the ER. I had gfg13 in the ER twice this year, once for a fever and once because he had so many somatic complaints I was desperate. They gave him IV fluids both times and he felt better. Or maybe it was just me who felt better.

I too chuckled out loud when I read "then I will die." I like to chuckle -- thanks! I wish I had the opportunity for lots more chuckling.

Jo

Jena

hi

i wasn't in the er. i went to peds office. i had them check her urine she isnt' dehydrated yet. u wanna laugh, this will make you laugh.... tonight my easy child yelled at difficult child for not eating. we are at day 11 i think. so i was kinda shocked when she blew. i explained to difficult child that's easy child's way of telling you she cares.

long and behond the child drank the liquid from the wonton soup i got her and ate one noodle!! yes this is huge for her. maybe i should be yelling?? i dunno. long story short i gave her a little free time before bed and the new medication. so she all of a sudden reverted back to usual form (she's usually very manic hyper at night) i come out to put her to bed the place is trashed.

she has play dough out all over dining room table with-gadget to boot making things,

living room glass table is covered with play money coins, papers my pocketbook apparentley she was playing store.

kitchen well i just don't even know what she did in there.

off ONE NOODLE!!??? i text husband at work and he said lol back to usual form....... i said off one noodle. he's like dude she hasnt' eaten in days her body probably went into overdrive and carb rush.

so gotta give her another ten min. to wear herself out so i can medicate and put to bed.

Jena

yea my husband calls me dude when we're just talking lately it slips out. realized i wrote exactly what he text in my post. hes' retarded lol, a real romantic NOT!! he thinks i'm one of the guys

K

Kjs

My son went through not eating for 6 weeks. Thought he would choke and die. We too did a lot of medical testing. But he would drink. Would she drink Pediasure or Ensure or even slim fast has a lot of vitimans in it. My difficult child did drink that. Got him to eat by bribing him. He was going somewhere if he ate ONE french fry. we were there, held his hand. told him we love him and would never let anything happen to him. We are right there. he started with that one french fry and it went up from there!

Good luck with that. It is so scary and frustrating.

Jena

wow 6 weeks?? how did you cope thru that?? that's a really long time. no she shut down from liquids and food. so did you have to get him therapy for it, or it just went away as oddly as it showed up?? with her we know middle school triggered it in her. i'm taking her to new therapist tmrw. with her it sounds odd yet when she presents with-a behavior i'Tourette's Syndrome not one that usually just goes away, it sort of becomes part of her and who she is. does that even make sense??

DammitJanet

Would she try something cold and fruity and sweet? They make this incredibly delicious...to die for...fruit slushy pop called Fruit something and they are over by the applesauce and fruit cups in that isle. They come in several flavors like strawberry and grape. They are in like a foil pouch instead of plastic. They dont get as hard as a Popsicle so they are smoother and melt faster in your mouth. Plus its all just real fruit and fruit juice. Let me say again...to die for! I think its Fruitopia. They may just ease on down while she sips on the little bites and tastes the fruit to get the yummy tastes...ya know.

susiestar

Roll With It
If sweet and cold are appealing, the McD's fruit smoothies are crammed with calories from sugar. If all you are looking for is to get something high calorie into her (or anything into her at this point), it might be worth a try. When you get it, tell her it is YOURS. If "you can't have it" and then leaving the room while it is on the table is worth a try, give it a shot. Otherwise pour a small amount (2-3 swallows) into a glass for her and tell her the rest is YOURS. Go about drinking yours and she might try it herself. They are supposed to be really good.

Jena

janet susie

umm i have done that for almost two weeks now........i have crammed honey buns from 7eleven into me, ices, ice cream, pizza, you name it trying to get her to want it lol i'Tourette's Syndrome soo not funny yet i'm tired. i now weight 17 lbs more than i did when got married in july. seriously........... i eat infront of her to try to entice her. shes' like umm mom your eating enough for both of us, is that little sac a baby???? oh sheesh..........

gave her medication last night, didn't like how she reacted to it. her body. will watch her today to see how she does, and might try medication one more night. she got scared. she never does with-medications. she called me in, saw spots, dizziness, naseua, and worst of all legs and arms wouldnt' stay still they were all over the place and she was dillussional saying stuff that didnt make sense.

sux.