Letter to the judge - need your help

lovemysons

Sending you more hugs for a job well done. You are proving to not only be a very loving warrior mom but a warrior grandma now as well.

by the way, I hope you will get some answers after they do the mental health assessment...could find out that Bipolar Disorder is behind so much of the ugly behavior, self hatred and self abuse.

I, myself, was awfully hard on my mother for many yrs...these days I try and at least eliviate "some" of her guilt (long story) by letting her know that my Bipolar Disorder made me a challenging child to begin with...She wasn't just a horrible mother, ya know. I would have made any parent look "bad".
I just wish our difficult child's weren't so good at biting the hand that feeds them so to speak. They are blessed. Your daughter and now grandson are blessed to have your intervention.

You deserve a good rest tonight.
Love,
LMS

PatriotsGirl

Thanks all!! I really do feel a bit "lighter"....I'm going to finish up some work and then actually spend some time with husband! :)

easy child is thrilled to be getting a nephew....he was really hoping it would be a boy. Gosh, if she can get through treatment, I think everything can be okay. I think we can really come together as a family.

I do believe difficult child has some MH issues - always have. She was a very challenging child even way before drugs came into the picture. :( I know they can provide WAY better services than I could ever dream of!! I just pray she takes it...

recoveringenabler

Staff member
You did a stellar job PG. I'm glad you're spending some quiet time with your husband, you deserve a real break now...........rest........hugs...........

toughlovin

PG I am so proud of you... you have done a wonderful job advocating for what your daughter and grandson needs!! And it is a great example of how the court system CAN work to help when someone advocates and works the system like you have. Great job!! I am very happy for you and am really hoping she agrees and does what she needs to do to turn things around. And I like that judge!!!

TL

PatriotsGirl

husband was wondering if baby daddy could mess things up by petitioning to have the charges dropped. He mentioned that he was going to do that because he missed her so much. I am praying that he doesn't and realizes this is quite a gift that she is being offered here. If he messes this up in any way, I don't know what I will do. I know the people at court are not impressed with his history. He would be better off seeking treatment himself and proving that he is on the right path as well...

I really hope the treatment coordinator makes good on what she says and difficult child gets that mental health assessment today...the sooner they get a jump on these things, the better!

DammitJanet

PG....I am taking it you will be caring for grandson most of the time? Lets all be real here...daughter and baby daddy,if he really is baby daddy arent too stable. I hope she can turn herself around and in time be a great mom but it will take time and I dont think 4 months is it. You still want to meet up?

PatriotsGirl

PG....I am taking it you will be caring for grandson most of the time? Lets all be real here...daughter and baby daddy,if he really is baby daddy arent too stable. I hope she can turn herself around and in time be a great mom but it will take time and I dont think 4 months is it. You still want to meet up?

I say I won't raise another child, but my heart may say something completely different once he is born. That IS my blood...and when it comes down to it, who knows. I think maybe even husband is bracing himself for what may be and is not happy about it, but he knows me and he knows I already love that little boy with all my heart even though I haven't met him yet. I am trying desperately to get her help NOW...the programs they have are designed to keep their babies with them while they are in treatment and then help them with housing after.

But, I definitely DO want to meet up!

Nancy

PG what Janet says is so true. I hope you are not setting yourself up for a huge letdown. I truly hope with all my heart that your difficult child gets treatment and that it is what she needs to change her life and be able to take care of her baby. But I also know the reality of treatment outcomes and relapses and you may be looking at your grandson's caretaker for many years. All you can do is do what you are doing to get her help. The rest is up to her.

Calamity Jane

PG,
If somehow you were agreeable and it was determined that you could take care of the baby for a while, and you were granted custody at least temporarily while difficult child was remaining in treatment... Let's say she does OK for a while, then relapses, and you agree to keep the baby.
What happens if she gets pregnant again?

PatriotsGirl

Oh goodness. I am just trying to wrap my brain around the thought of raising one and that would be hard enough. Right now,I am just trying to get her help so SHE can raise her baby. I guess we will have to cross that bridge when it comes. I can't stress myself out even further right now...

DDD

been there done that........don't accept the stress until the time comes where you HAVE to accept the stress. One day at a time! DDD